PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have problems with dry hands and cuticles??

buddhabelly
10-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Now that the seasons are changing and the temperatures are dropping, my hands have become so dry. Also my cuticles have become dry and cracked making my fingers so ugly. :(

And it doesnt help working in the healthcare field, washing my hands between patients. I must wash my hands 50 times a day or more.

I need to buy better hand soap for work. Any suggestions on good hand soap (must be antibacterial) and hand lotion? :?:

coltsfan
10-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Do you have a Bath and Body Works where you live? They have a great anti-bacterial hand soap. It seems to work for me. I have really dry hands, especially during the winter. I am constantly shuffling papers at work... Anywho, their soap comes in wonderful scents as well. They also have matching lotions, but I have never tried the lotion.

Robyn

buddhabelly
10-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Good morning Robyn!

Yes I do have a Bath and Body works at the mall by me. Ill get some ASAP. I need all the help I can get. I hate the cold weather!!! Its my dayoff today and its cold and rainy. My hands (especially my right, will ask my rheumie about that) are icecold. :( Looks like my hands are shriveling up like the leaves falling on the ground.

What kind of hand lotion do you use?

coltsfan
10-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey Budda,
Currently, I have a bottle of fragrance free Aveeno lotion at my desk. It really works and it doesn't have a strong smell. (And it has oatmeal in it). Let me know what you think. (PS. The midnight pomengranate is my favorite soap scent at Bath and Body :wink: )
I hate the cold weather too! It is almost noon here and it is only 34 degrees. YUCK!! But at least we don't have snow yet.

coltsfan
11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Good Afternoon Budda,
Did you ever go get any of this soap for your hands?
Robyn

buddhabelly
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
:( Sorry I havent had a chance to go yet. But I may go this weekend. Just got some Bath and Body Works coupons in the mail. Now I have a chance to save some $... :)

For now, I've been using cuticle oil and Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy hand & nail. It does help, but, I need to reapply often because I wash my hands so much all day long.

I'm in search for a hand lotion that lasts even with constant hand washing.

NoodleMom
11-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh yes!! My hands are so dry they hurt. Not to mention the itching and sometimes burning.