PDA

View Full Version : extremely sensitive

coltsfan
10-27-2008, 07:59 AM
This may sound weird, but maybe not.
Does anyone else have extremely sensitive calves? I am talking that if I just bump them getting out of the car, it takes me to my knees. And forget trying to rub them. Anything more than just touch pressure is agony! Not to mention what happens when you get a charlie horse. I would rather have the cramp pain then try to rub it out. My husband thinks I am very odd. Wanted to see if any of my new friends have this. It has been like this for at least 10 years or so. And it is all the time.
Am I odd?

KathyW1958
10-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi Coltsfan,
I have the same problem. I am wondering if you may have Neuropathy. This is what my doctor told me was causing it. I took Neurontin for a couple of years, but it did not do much good. I have had this problem for years too. I don't think that you are weird at all. I don't know how many others have this problem, but I think that there are others too. I just try not to bump my legs and stuff and I always wear slacks as the cold on my legs will get them to hurting too.

Hugs,
Kathy

jaideni
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
I am having this problem in my calves and my uperarm feels like someone has been squeezing me extremely hard or something. I have more trouble in my arms because of how I sleep so now I am back to medicating to get to sleep. I had emg on hands and feet that seemed ok but I did those because of some weakness. How do they test for neuropathy?

KathyW1958
10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi Jaindeni,
The way that they test for Neuropathy is by a pin test and they also use electrodes and a computer. It is not that bad, but it sure tells a lot. It sounds worse then it is. I had it done on my legs and it showed severe neuropathy in my left leg, but slight in my right leg. They attributed it to all the problems with my spine and the degenerative disc disease and Ankylosing Spongilitis along with Osteo-Arthritis of the spine. They have a clinic at least they do where I live where they do the test. A neurologist ordered it to be done on me before I had one of my discs removed and got a resin disc due to the severely herniated and bulging disc in the lumbar part of my spine. I hope this helps to explain it.

Hugs,
Kathy