PDA

View Full Version : clocks went back

Furrydog
10-26-2008, 01:55 AM
In the UK this morning. i forgot, so couldn't have stayed in bed an extra hour :D

Am slightly addicted to watching 'strictly come dancing' ( dancing with the stars in the US) and am going to spend the extra hour watching you tube clips of the dances.

Is anyone else addicted? :D

sits_inthe_corner
10-26-2008, 03:45 AM
I am completely messed up with the time change. I'm in Canada and we have switched when we change our time to match what is being done in the States.

I think we change our time the first weekend after Halloween. It used to be Halloween weekend :?

The only show on tv that I'm addicted to is Relocation/Relocation which is filmed out of the UK....I love that show :)

cheryl_v
10-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I hate time change, annoying and messes me up too. I don't like tv, but am so addicted to CSI. All 3 kinds, can't help it. Love watching things about clues and the tools they use to get answers. Must be why I love suspense novels.

hatlady
10-27-2008, 07:08 AM
And in the US, while my DVD player's time changed, the rest of our clocks did not - for whatever strange reason, our gov't decided to make daylight savings time last longer. So my clocks will be wacky for another couple of weeks....

Why DO we change the clocks? We still end up going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark? Mushroom time.... :(

coltsfan
10-27-2008, 07:29 AM
Hatlady,
You are so right. I hate moving the clocks. We don't really gain anything do we? Like you said...to work in the dark...home in the dark. Then, you forget to put the kids to bed on time, because it is either too light or too dark to be the right bedtime.

PS. I am addicted to House and Lost. Love them both. But mostly, I am a reader. Hubby gets frustrated because I can go thru a book in a day, day and a half. Can't help it, once I get started, I can't put it down. :)

cheryl_v
10-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm the same way with books too. Even with day-care and our kids, I go thru them as fast too. The longest it took me to read a novel was a whole week. Drives hubby crazy because I won't get rid of them either, over 200 books on my shelves. With my crappy memory, after a few years I can reread them :lol: . I actually don't remember it well since so many I've read.

I think our clocks change this weekend. They supposably(sp?) changed it to save energy. More light during the day is suppose to keep from burning as many bulbs. At least that's what I read somewhere.

coltsfan
10-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Cheryl,
You have it worse than me. I read them and then pass them on, or check them out of the library. But then a few months down the road, I get it again, because I forgot I already read it. I am usually a fourth of the way thru before I notice. :oops:
The time change is easier now that they put Indiana on DST. Before, everyone else changed but us and I could never figure out what time it was anywhere else.

cheryl_v
10-27-2008, 08:24 AM
This time thing is truely annoying, isn't it? Yes I'll admit I'm a book finatic :oops: , better than tv though (lol).