PDA

View Full Version : Update on St. James

Saysusie
10-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Dear Members;
Some of you are very new here and have not met our other Moderator, St. James. He has been a member of our WHL family for several years. However, for the past two years, he has been suffering greatly.

He and his wife have both been diagnosed with MS; his Lupus has been out-of-control for over a year, and just recently, he has been diagnosed with a serious heart condition. He has had two surgeries for his heart, but has not been able to get his MS or Lupus under control.

To add to his stress regarding his health, his wife's MS is quite serious and watching her declining health has injured his soul so much more than watching his own declining health.

St. James has become a personal friend whom I care very much for. As such, I feel so helpless. I am asking that we hold him and his wife in our thoughts and, if you are so inclined, our prayers. James gave me permission to let all of you know exactly what was going on with him. He misses us terribly, but is just not able to participate at this time.

Thank You All for being here for one another. I feel blessed to be a part of this family.

Always with Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
10-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Gentle hugs to you Saysusie,

Of course they are in my prayers and thoughts. I pray that they will be watched over, guided and comforted through these trying times.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

KathyW1958
10-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Hi Saysusie,
I talked with James when he was able to come in here. I will keep him and his wife in my prayers.

Hugs,
Kathy

Pretti in Pink
10-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Saysusie,

Thank you sharing this info with us. I have often wondered how he was doing. I will certainly lift he and his wife up in my prayers.

rob
10-26-2008, 01:12 PM
St. James is one of the very first people I met, and interacted with when I first became a member here. I was pretty cautious, and apprehensive about talking to anyone at that point. The fact that I could talk to him "man to man" certainly helped me open up, but his personality is what really brought the walls down. He's the kind of person who you feel comfortable, and familiar with, right from the start. Like you've known them for years.

I've exchanged some E-mails with him, and I know things are bad. I have not heard from him in months though. I know that for every day I log in here and see his name listed as a moderator here, yet I don't see him post, that things are not good. He would not stay away without a reason.

And what a character he is too! A great sense of humor, and one of the finest musicians there are. The next time you talk to James Saysusie, please tell him I said Hello. I hope to see him here again.

Rob

coltsfan
10-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I have not had the opportunity to talk to James, but they will both be in my prayers tonight.
Get well soon.

hatlady
10-27-2008, 07:06 AM
He's in my prayers as well.

My SO has MS, her health has been marginal throughout the time since she's been diagnosed. Her MS is progressive, not remitting/relapsing, so no meds really help. It is hard to stand by and not be able to "make it better."

My heart goes out to both St. James and his wife - the impact of multiple conditions piled on top of each other has to be so stressful. Hopefully knowing that all of us are sending our support, prayers and thoughts of encouragement will help wrap them in the comfort of our caring.

mnjodette
10-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us, Saysusie. Of course, he'll be in my prayers, as will his wife. What a hard road for them both. I've often wondered about St. James, and how things were going. It was clear they weren't going well or we would've been blessed with his insights more often. I pray God will give them the comfort they need right now.

Jody

Saysusie
10-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you all for always being so giving :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

stjames13
11-07-2008, 09:54 AM
8) :shock: 8)

HOW WONDERFULL to COME HOME and see such NICE compassionate things being said about my wife and myself.......THANK YOU KINDLY !!!!

AS SUZ said it hs been a tough ROAD of TWO and 1/2 years and it was all UPHILL!!! :)

I have been in the HARDEST FIGHT of my life......I had a heart attack in late AUGUST and ended up having 2 STINTS put in...with more surgery to come......in OCTOBER they went back in to finish the job and found oneof the FIRST stints clogged with SCARE TISSUE....it was fixed and twop more stints were put in......I am now facing more surgery to the valve and HOPEFULLY then I can relax for awhile.

Thanks for remembering me and for the kind words.

TILL THEN GOD BLESS AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR REMEMBERING ME !!!!

ST JAMES 8)

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/Psychobillyblues/cherry330_1967.jpg

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/Psychobillyblues/aa.jpg

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/Psychobillyblues/Newt-1_web.jpg

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/Psychobillyblues/MAD9.jpg

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/Psychobillyblues/THEKING.jpg

KathyW1958
11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi StJames13,
Welcome back. I remember you and have been praying for you and your wife. I hope to see you more often in here now.

Hugs,
Kathy

Pretti in Pink
11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
St.James,

I'm glad you are feeling up to checking on us and letting us into your world. You and your wife have been and will continue to be in my prayers. Boy, have you had a rough go at it but you are a true WARRIOR. Keep up the good fight and we look forward to hearing more good things from you.

sits_inthe_corner
11-07-2008, 06:26 PM
:D Hey stjames

Glad you are still battling on. I've very please for your trip to Italy, have a glass of red wine and think of us.

Good luck with the pacemaker...will hold you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers, you'll be in good company there, I have lots from this board that are being watched over.

God bless and keep you and yours healthy and safe.

mnjodette
11-09-2008, 11:53 AM
St. James, I was so glad to see your post! You have stamina and tenacity that are truly awesome; truly inspirational. Lots of hugs and prayers to both you and your wife.

Jody

Saysusie
11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
OMG St. James;
How wonderful to see your psot!! :lol: :lol: :D And the pictures. Tell me, is that a recent picture of you playing your guitar? If so, that is a picture filled with wonderful news in and of itself!!!
Hope you can make it back soon.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

PS
called u...got no answer. Thought that was very odd and got a bit worried. Since I see you've posted, I'll stop worrying!

Oluwa
11-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi you, St. James...

Wonderful to read you...

I am glad to know your STINTS took hold. My father and one brother had them installed. Very successful for them...just a bit of groin pain. Hope yours was not so painful too.

Such beautiful best friends..dogs. The white one looks like my JRT..is that a smile or a display of intimidation...g-r-r-r-r?

Hope we will read more of you...

Keep well...hugs,
Love,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
11-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Hubby has a stint, he's been doing really well. Hope you feel better each day :)