PDA

View Full Version : Lupus Nephritis

YPT
10-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone. What is Lupus Nephritis? Finally, I got my blood work back and the ana was positive. Now the doctor has put me on the Plaquenil.Do any of you have problems with memory loss? I find that I frequently forget what I was about to do. I recently went to a job via a temp agency and I could not remember from hour to hour what I was supposed to do. It was a high stress job, but I just could not remember some key functions for the job. Help!
Tomorrow I go for an MRI. I am having frequent heart pounding and palpitations. I just recently went to th er for that reason. The doctor gave me an IV filled with metropolol. I felt better. 8)

KathyW1958
10-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Ypt,
Welcome to the forum. Lupus Nephritis is inflammation of the kidneys caused by the Lupus. The doctors can treat this with Cellcept. They usually diagnose this condition with urine and blood tests and sometimes a kidney biopsy.

When you have your MRI please post and let us know what that shows ok.

There are a lot of us that have problems in the memory department from time to time. You need to bring this to the attention of your doctor and they may run more tests to rule anemias and things like that.

There will be others that have a lot of knowledge and probably better answers that will come in here. They are great. Please keep posting. I think Saysusie and Oluwa will have better answers and also Rob too.

Hugs,
Kathy

YPT
10-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Kathy and thank you for replying. I just took MRI today. I probably won't get the results back until the middle of next week, but the result will probably be NEGATIVE, as my tests usually are (which is very frustrating).
However, I was extremely happy that my ANA came back positve (if that makes any sense). I do not want to be sick, but at least I know that I am not crazy and the symptoms are not in my head.
A couple of years ago, a doctor told me that I have a cyst on my left kidney. I don't really have any real problems concerning my kidney, but I do have problems with my intestines. I have major problems doing #2 and most of the time 99.9999 percent of the time I have to use some type of aid such as suppositories or Castor Oil ( :mad: )

I have not gotte the results of the 18 vials of blood my rhuemy ordered on last Thursday. I guess no news is good news.

Ok, I will write later.

KathyW1958
10-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi YPT,
I think that it makes perfect sense that you are happy that the ANA is positive, because when it is neg, then the doctors tend to treat you like a damned hypochondriac. That is what happened to me for years. It took me to get the chickenpox before the Lupus fully presented itself along with Sjogrens Syndrome. Unfortunately at the same time the Lupus started attacking my lungs and heart and nearly killed me. They then had no choice but to listen to me and confirm the Lupus diagnosis. I hope that you get some answers as to what is happening with you and that you get the propper care.

Have you tried taking stool softeners to aid in bowel movements. I have had problems with constipation lately due to the Tramadol and find that the stool softeners like Senecot work pretty well. I hope I have helped out some here.

Hugs,
Kathy

YPT
10-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Kathy,

I have tried almost every kind of stool softener to no avail. The only thing that seems to do the trick are suppositories and for the most extreme times, Castor Oil.

Can you tell me what Tramadol is? I have not even picked up my prescription yet for the Plaquenil. I am really afraid to take it. I wish I could IM you and others. Waiting for a reply is not cool. Maybe I am just impatient.

KathyW1958
10-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Hi YPT,
I sent you a private message.

Hugs,
Kathy