PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

camillelj
10-21-2008, 09:13 PM
I am 31, new diagnosis. Have been having Crazy night sweats. I am just drenched and have to get up in the middle of the night and change my clothes.

has anyone else had this experience. i am trying to figure out if it from the lupus or something else.

thanks

Camille

Saysusie
10-21-2008, 10:43 PM
One of the most common symptoms of Lupus is flu-like symptoms and night sweats. Many Lupus patients experience more serious night sweats when the disease is active (flare-up). There are some co-existing illnesses that can also aggravate night sweats in Lupus patients and it is believed that Lupus can cause early onset of menopause. So, there are several reasons why we suffer from night sweats with this illness. It is not, at all, uncommon. :?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

KathyW1958
10-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Hi Cammille,
I get the night sweats sometimes, I use to get the very badly before I got diagnosed and put on medications. I think now though they are more related to Menopause, like Saysusie was saying. I will be 50 in December and this is also what my doctor told me about them. How long have you been on medication for the Lupus? Sometimes they will curve down once the medication gets fully kicked in and working. I hope that I have helped somehow.

Hugs,
Kathy

jaideni
10-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Is it possible to have night sweats in the day? lol I sweat so much some days that its embarrassing. I was in a store for like five minutes only took thirty seconds to get in and by the time I left I was soaked and had a foul smell. Another reason why I stopped taking classes on campus. I've never sweated like I do now makes me want to stay home just in case. Hope you find your answer and maybe a way to stop it. Good luck

camillelj
10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I started taking plaquinel last year, and they couldn't say for sure that I had lupus. but I decreases the plaquinel in april and that is when they started. I went off in June and (i didn't put it together) and then saw a new doctor was placed back on plaq. and put the lable of Lupus on it. Now it seems to be getting better but I am not sure if it's the meds kicking in or the colder nights. : ) They did chk hormone levels and It's not early menopause. But found out my ferritin levels are low and put me on iron to help with the heavy periods and put me on bc pill to help with that and my symptoms got worse. (this also was helpful in diagnosis

I am still trying to distringuish between symtoms and everyday stuff.

thanks for your help

sits_inthe_corner
10-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Now that you mention it camillelj,

Plaquenil kicked in and started working for me back in the spring. I haven't had night sweats since. hmmm

Now that's colder weather...I kinda miss the day time hot flashes.

KathyW1958
10-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Hi Camillelj,
I think that you see the decrease in the nightsweats from the affects of the Plaquenil more so then the cooler nights. I know that when the Plaquenil got kicked in real good for me that the nightsweats deminished greatly.

Hugs,
Kathy

DrinkofWtr
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I get the nights sweats , but I attribute mine to menopause. When I was younger I attributed them to the Lupus. I never really discussed them with a Dr. as so many other symptoms were affecting me with the Lupus.