PDA

View Full Version : Burning in right ankle

bntshep
10-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Hello all, could someone tell me if they have had a burning sensation in there ankle? I have had this now for 4 months and it doesnt go away! :?:

sits_inthe_corner
10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi bntshep

Need a little more info, is there any swelling? Is the area hot t the touch with the skin around it being cooler?

Is it the just the skin that feels hot or is it deeper?

bntshep
10-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Hi SITC, no there is no swelling, not hot or red. I didnt know if it had anything to do with the "nerve" thing. I am not sure. I just wish that I didnt have this because of all the pain I go through!! UGGH :bad-words:

KathyW1958
10-21-2008, 05:23 AM
Hi Bntshep,

I am wondering if you have been tested for Neuropathy? Have you told the doctor? Maybe they could perscrible Neurontin for you. Are you on Prednisone? That could cause burning in the feet, but I don't know about the ankle. I hope that you can get some answers for this problem.

Hugs,
Kathy

sits_inthe_corner
10-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey Bntshep

Well if there's no swelling or hot spots ... it's not what I was thinking :lol:

You should go get it check out. Best to know for sure what you are dealing with.

bntshep
10-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi KathyW1958
No I havent been diagnosed with that, but my psych has put me on Neurontin and it seem to help a little with the "stings and tingles" but it still burns. I think I have to have a MRI again, its been a couple of years. Do I tell my rheumy that, or is he going to look at me like I am nuts? I tell this to my drs but it just goes on unnoticed. I am soo confused. I also want to add that sometimes when I am in a store, it feels like I am going to pass out if I walk around too much? Does this make any sense? :roll:

sits_inthe_corner
10-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi bntshep

By all means tell your rheumy about the tingles and the burning and feeling faint.

Hope you get some answers and relief soon.

Gentle hugs to ya.