PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Work Question.

cheryl_v
10-20-2008, 04:19 AM
I got a temp bridge, get new one in two weeks. My question is it normally uncomfy, or is it just the temp? My teeth ache and there's pressure. It feels a little bulky. Will the real one feel like this, or is it because its a temp? Foods not quite as enjoyable, feels like plastic between real teeth and top gums. Didn't realize how much you can feel with your teeth. I am happy, no toothless smile. Just hope it will not always be this uncomfy. Do you get use to the way it feels when you eat? Afraid I'll never enjoy food the same again.

hatlady
10-20-2008, 05:37 AM
I haven't had a bridge, but I know every time I've had fillings, I go through what you're talking about - that "something's not right with my bite" feeling. One filling took three trips back to the DDS to get right!

At night, I wear a bite guard - I know that feels awkward for the first week or two after I get a new one, then it becomes comfortable. It could be the same with your bridge - AND it could be that the real thing will fit better and more comfortably. The temp is just that -temporary.

May you be eating happily again soon, cheryl!

cheryl_v
10-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks, me too on the food. I sure hope the new bridge does fit better.

DrinkofWtr
10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
I had a bridge, but I couldn't wear it. My gums were to sensitive and I wore a blister. My bridge was a hard plastic one. I have heard that the dentist use soft plastic nowadays. Unfortunately, I have not had the money to get a new bridge.

cheryl_v
10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks anyways. What I have at the moment is a plastic one, don't know if hard or soft. Just wierd feeling and a little uncomfy. So hoping the permanate one is not like that. Sorry yours caused you discomfort. The mouth is so sensetive to pain, mine sure is.

The only way I could afford it was thru capitol one, the dental card program. DebbieE told me about it. I was approved. I would still be without my front tooth, looking wierd. Go to capitolone.com, then to dental section below. Takes only a few moments to fill out and get results of approval or not in a few moments. Hope this helps :D .

cheryl_v
11-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Got the new bridge :D , they look and feel great!! They are porcilan(sp?) and almost feel real. You were right hat lady, they are smaller and fit better. It doesn't feel bulky. Still wierd when I eat, but not like a gunk of plastic between me and the food. More enjoyable though. Unfortunately thru the deep cleans, 2 cavities were found. They will have to wait until more money though. Seems these teeth just keep giving me trouble, oh well. That's life at times.

Just wanted to say I have enjoyed smiling again, yeah :BIG: .

Saysusie
11-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Happy to hear that the bridge looks great and feels good! So......
Just keep smiling...'Cuz when you're smiling....the whole world smiles with you"

:lol:
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

cheryl_v
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks, it feels so good to smile again. With teeth to show off :D !! Thanks again DebbieE for the helpful info that made it possible.