PDA

View Full Version : Adderall XR for brain fog??

tyarishanese
10-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Hello,
I was recently prescribed Adderall XR 10 mg to combat my constant brain fog. Anyone ever heard of this? Please advise you have taken it or know of someone who has and if it worked for them or if you know anything about the drug itself, good or bad. Thank you very much.

buddhabelly
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi There! 8) I know a couple people on Adderall. Doctors usually prescribed this medication for people who have ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It may help to increase the ability to pay attention, stay focused, and control behavior problems. Its a combination of stimulants (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine). It is thought to work by restoring the balance of certain natural substances (neurotransmitters) in the brain.

Which doctor prescribed this for you? :?: I guess it can help with the brainfog. It's supposed to help you focus. :?

I know people in college who abuse Adderall for the wrong reasons. They take it to help them focus on their studying. It helps them study and stay up all night. It seems to help them retain a lot of information. Therefore, they can cram for a test overnight. :? I frown upon that....

tyarishanese
10-20-2008, 06:11 PM
My psychiatrist prescribed it for me. Its usually prescribed to patients who have been resistant to other meds that treat depression. I checked with my rheumy and she doesn't have a problem with it.