PDA

View Full Version : The joy of early voting!

hatlady
10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Saturday I took advantage of the new rules in Illinois - and cast my vote for President. SOOOOO nice, they had 2 lines, and there were only three or 4 ahead of me in my line. When I got my authorization, there were no lines at the voting booths.

I just smiled and smiled :D at how quick, easy and wonderful it was to be able to vote and to be able to do it early! No waiting in line on voting day, no working around my work schedule.

For those of you in the USA, if you don't do absentee, I'd strongly encourage you to vote early if your state allows. I truly think this is going to be an election with significant voter turnout (a WONDERFUL thing!) so the option to go when there are fewer lines will be welcome.

Who should YOU vote for? That needs to be your decision. Yes, I've got an opinion. No, I'm not saying. All I'm saying is that EVERY vote makes a difference. :D

coltsfan
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi Hatlady,
I will have to check into whether you can vote early in Indiana. However, I live in such a small community, I hardly ever have to wait in line. If I do, it is just a couple of people MAX.
I agree that this is such an important election. History will be made either way. I will be glad when it is over though. It wasn't bad, until all the negative ads started.
Kudos for doing your civic duty and voting. I don't know about you and where you live, but I am amazed at how many people I come across that aren't registered to vote. Simply amazing.
Have a wonderful week!
Robyn

Oluwa
10-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Hatlady, I bet that was nice....

Mine is out in the mail tomorrow...absentee ballot. I thought I'd be just a carcass by the time I returned on the 3rd from my UP vacation.

Night..
Love,
Oluwa

rob
10-19-2008, 06:41 PM
That's a great idea Hatlady. I agree that this election is going to have high voter turnout, and that's a great thing. I'm going to see tomorrow if early voting is allowed in my area. Even for a rural area like mine, I still think the lines will be long. It's good to see people fired up, and motivated to participate.

jaideni
10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Nothing beats early voting. I did it in a couple of local elections. I will be going to vote later this week. My best friend is upset because she moved to MS and they dont do early voting in her county. I wonder why though, everyone should have the oppurtunity to early vote as it takes some of the stress out of voting

Saysusie
10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Early voting in California has already started in some counties. Here in San Bernardino county, it started on October 19th! For the Californians who are a part of this family, check with your local election officials to see when your county will start early voting. Check your local community colleges or your party's headquarters to find out where early voting is located!
We do absentee each year which is also a wonderfully easy way to vote!

Please, everyone, encourage everyone you meet and everyone you know, to go vote!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie