PDA

View Full Version : My skin hurts

Cdn Grl
10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
I was wondering what this could be all about.
It is difficult to explain but I get this strange tenderness/pain on my skin (ie especially on my forearms). It is like my skin hurts.
It is not my joints but the areas "between the joints" .
It is quite warm to the touch and on occasion, you can feel raised bumps under the skin. Almost like the skin is stretched. Don't know if it is my bones or the skin itself.
I am seeing my doctor in December so I will definitely mention it again.
It is hard to explain...just really weird. It is so tender.
Anyone else had anything similar :?:

jaideni
10-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I am having that problem. Its on my arms, the back of my shoulders and on some parts of my legs.It hurts to touch it but its like in the places where I feel the need for massage the most. I told my rheumy about it on my last visit but she didnt say what it could be. I just got that duh you have lupus look that I hate so much. Hopefully your doctor will give you an answer that you could share

sits_inthe_corner
10-18-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure what actually causes the sensativity but I do know it's common to lupus and a few other deseases as well.

I get it too on my shines and sometimes my scalp. Nothing seems to sooth it, it just gets more aggrivated. :shock:

I'm sure someone here will pop up with an answer.

tyarishanese
10-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I was wondering what this could be all about.
It is difficult to explain but I get this strange tenderness/pain on my skin (ie especially on my forearms). It is like my skin hurts.
It is not my joints but the areas "between the joints" .
It is quite warm to the touch and on occasion, you can feel raised bumps under the skin. Almost like the skin is stretched. Don't know if it is my bones or the skin itself.
I am seeing my doctor in December so I will definitely mention it again.
It is hard to explain...just really weird. It is so tender.
Anyone else had anything similar :?:

I have felt like my skin was burning on occasion.

Sann
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I have that as well!

Parts of the skin burn very badly that i can't touch it. I can't have warmth nor cold... it's very annoying..

I can never tell if it is really the skin or nerves or bones...

laurid8967
11-04-2008, 06:41 AM
I cannot believe Im reading this post right now. Just yesterday, I tried to Google "skin pain" "severe pain under skin", etc. !!
Mine is definately not my joints, that pain is different. Mine is on my upper arms, shins, thighs and it hurts like hell to touch. It almost feels as if the veins are blocked, or no blood gets there. You know when you fall/bump and get that "immediate-type" bruise that hurts right away? Thats what mine feels like.
What was I thinking not coming here to find out any answers I have...Had I just known this was common in lupus, I would have not thought about it so much!! lol...Glad to be back
Love Lauri

cheryl_v
11-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Funny you mentioned googling skin pain, me too last week (have no idea either why I didn't just come here). My skin was just hurting, mainly my back, arms and upper legs. I do get burn feeling, but not with this. The skin just hurts, and putting clothes on does not help. No need to try to explain it Cdn Grl. Appearently understood all to well here. Love the way you explained it though Lauri, that does describe it well. Now I have relentless itching. Doc just keeps saying its part of having fibro, blah-blah-blah. Basicly no hope there anymore. Would love to know how to releive it. My skin pain backed off only to end up with relentless itching now. Wish I could catch a break. Hopefully Cdn Grl you'll get an answer from your doc next month. Hope the pain eases.