PDA

View Full Version : Hello All, New here.

hconn
10-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello All, I am new to this forum or any forum for that matter. But I thought it would be good to talk to people that are going through the same thing. I do have alot of family support but sometimes feel that friends and co workers don't understand, especially when I miss work because i can not move.

rob
10-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi Hconn,

Welcome to the group. I'm Rob and I was diagnosed with SLE in 04'. Talking to others with Lupus can be a huge help in coping with the disease. That's what brought me here too. We're a pretty informal group, so please make yourself at home, and feel free to join in on the conversation whenever you like.

Rob

sits_inthe_corner
10-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Welcome hconn,

This is a great little site, lots of caring folks. I'm not diagnosed yet. Rhematologists are few and far between here and the good ones have a waiting list a couple of years long.

I have a suckie rheumy who thinks lupus is just a catch phrase doctor's use when they dont know what's really wrong with you...just because I lost my mother to lupus and my sister has it and I've had symptoms since I was 19 (48 yrs old now).

Any way the folks here have been very kind and supportive, they have answered alot of my question.

Looking foreward to reading your posts :)

KathyW1958
10-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Hi Hconn,
Welcome to the forum. I sure understand how you feel. I have been dealing with Lupus most of my life, but did not get diagnosed until I was 36 and it nearly killed me. My husband understand now how serious this illness can be and he is supportive. I lost my job, because I was out to often with problems related to the Lupus. I had to give up the job. Well welcome to the site. There are a lot of great folks that come in here.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
10-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Hello hconn;
Welcome to our family :lol: You've already been greeted by some of our members and have had a taste of how understanding, compassionate and caring this family is.
You will find that there is always someone here who understands you and who has gone through what you are dealing with. We are here to help you as much as we can and in any way that we can. I'm glad that you joined us.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sara akhtar
10-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Hcon

I just joined here too and have found it a great place to relax and have a chat. Everyone here is really understanding and can provide you with good information too.

Saraxx