PDA

View Full Version : FREEZIN' Friday!

hatlady
10-17-2008, 06:02 AM
BRRRRRRRRR..... Anyone want to share a good hot flash with me?

My office has WARMED UP to 60 degrees in the last hour. Thank goodness for fleece - I'm wearing a wrap around my shoulders and wishing I'd brought gloves. It is going to be a l-o-n-g day....but at least it is Friday!

rob
10-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Kinda chilly up here in Maine today. I just started up my new gas fired heater. Nice and toasty. I was using an oil furnace with the gas heater just as a backup. Going to make the gas my primary heater this year to save a few dollars. Stay warm, and TGIF!

hatlady
10-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Rob;

We're having the attic insulated. Right now our 1955 ranch has the typical amount of insulation - you can see the top of every 2x4 above the batting. It is supposed to be about r49 when they're done. So I'm hoping THAT will help keep the bills down this year.

My office has warmed up to 64 - positively balmy in here now! 8) ( :roll: ) That's about the temp we keep the house, so it is MUCH better than the 55 degrees I came in to this a.m....

rob
10-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I spend a significant portion of my day out in my shop/garage. Enough to justify having it insulated. I had it insulated before last winter to that same R-factor. It's 40' by 40' with gas heat. The insulation cut my gas bill nearly in half for the shop. The insulation payed for itself in just one winter. It's amazing how much a thinly insulated attic can cost you in heat loss. The walls were ok, but heat rises, and it was all going out the top. I think you'll be happy with the results at your house.

coltsfan
10-17-2008, 08:43 AM
I think we are at about 68 degrees in my office right now, but when the bosses come back from lunch, they will be hot. So I am in for a cold afternoon. My fingers get so cold, I can hardly type a word!!!

Oluwa
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Outside...Eighty-one here....:shock:

Happy Friday....
Hugs full of love,
Oluwa

mnjodette
10-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Jeez, what is it with cold offices?! I was recently moved to another location in our office, and it's so *$*&#@ cold in there! I bought a thick fleece that I just leave on my chair, and I'm going to bring finger-less gloves to keep my hands warm (I just don't think I can use my keyboard with regular gloves.) They frown on space heaters because it really throws off the thermostats and actually makes matters worse (hot spots, cold spots...the heating system doesn't know what to do with that.) I'm a cold-wuss. I have to keep my house at 70 or 72 in the winter. I just can't warm up otherwise. We have in-floor heat, which is outstanding...warm tootsies helps a lot. We have frost every night now - temps in the low 30s. Can snow be far behind?

Jody

Lula2ya
10-17-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry you are all freezing... it's 83 today where I live. :onfire: I'll be freezing soon too so don't be too jealous.

jaideni
10-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I have been trying to keep warm all day at home and its not working. I am sssoo cold and my legs hurt soo bad that I want to put on an ice pack but I cant.

sits_inthe_corner
10-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Where's a good hot flash when ya need one? :lol:

coltsfan
10-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Finally got warm today. Hubby was cutting down some trees in backyard. We had a big windstorm a while back. Leftover from a hurricane. Took all the limbs and started a fire in the backyard. Felt like Heaven. It only got up to 60 degrees today, but it is falling quickly. I really dread the winter coming. Cold, snow, cold, snow...YUCK.

sits_inthe_corner
10-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Awww hugs jaideni,

You can alternate the ice pack with a warm compress :) lol

I'm hurting from the cold too. Darn near cooked myself in the shower yesterday.