PDA

View Full Version : Cellcept?

mngirl
10-16-2008, 06:09 PM
I have been on Cytoxan for 2 months for Lupus Nephritis, however my White Blood Counts keep dropping to the dangerous zones of .5 and sometimes even lower so today they decided that I would stop treatment and start Cellcept instead. Any positive stories of cellcept? What side effects did you have?

Oluwa
10-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Mngirl....

Just wanted to let you know I read your post. I have never taken Cellcept, but someone will pop in to share their experience.

Or until they do, use the search link at the top of the window...and enter Cellcept as a keyword.

Be well, Mnggirl.
Hugs,
Oluwa

buddhabelly
10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
:) Hi! I've been on CellCept since my diagnosis of SLE with Kidney Nephritis. My nephrologist prescribed me CellCept about 2 1/2 years ago 3/06) As of today, I've weaned down to 0 pills/day. Thanks to my awesome test results, my Dr. weaned me down. I'll update you on my test results when I go to my next visit in December.

While I was on CellCept, I really didnt notice any side effects. Maybe in the very beginning, I felt the drowsiness, but that's pretty much it.

I wish you luck. Hope CellCept will help you out as well. :wink:

mnjodette
10-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Mngirl, I've been on cellcept for over a year now (not for kidney involvement, but for heart/lung stuff.) I've had no significant side effects from it. I was hoping to be weaned off, but my rheumatologist is reluctant to do that yet.

I always like the Mayo Clinic website for information on drugs. It's www.mayoclinic.com

Jody

Janclev
10-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Mngirl, I've been on Cellcept for only 1 month. I have SLE, Raynaunds & RA. Basically everything that I have is mixed connective tissue related. I've been continously sick for 1 1/2 years, with no relief. My Rheumy put on Cellcept to see if it would reduce joint pain and swelling. I'm also experiencing pluerisy and severe indigestion. Nevertheless, the Cellcept has given me some relief, even though I'm still having inflamation involvement. Feel free to contact me anytime you need to chat. JC :wink:

lornak
10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
I have been on cellcept for 3 years. I take 3000 mg a day. I really dont have any side effects. I do however take prilosec (sp) everyday since I am on so many pills. the dr should start you off with a low dose and gradually increase over a few weeks to when they want you to be. good luck and dont worry :D

Bubba89
11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Hello,
I was also taking cytoxan for lupus nephritis. I did that for 2 1/2 years and not much more improvement was showing so my doctors decided to try Cellcept and it has been great for me. I didn't have to go in for infusions anymore and I didn't have to feel like crap anymore afterwards. The disease activity decreased further with Cellcept and I never really noticed any symptoms from it. I have been taking it now for 4 years.
Good Luck!

Jesse
11-13-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't take Cellcept but I know of a few people with RA who have had great success with it, with little or no side effects.

summerdragonfly
01-25-2009, 09:28 PM
I have taken CellCept (500mg 2 x day) for over 6 years now, (for lupus AND an anti rejection med for a kidney transplant). I couldn't tell you what my side effects(SE's) are because so many of my meds have the same SE's, but i have not had any problems with taking it after 6 years and the doc has no plans to take me off it. Unfortuanatly everyone and their lupus (other med problems) are different, only YOUR body can tell you if its something good or bad...GOOD LUCK!

jseda
02-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi im new to this site and I was on cellcept for a little over 2 years and it works well. i have sle with cyroglobulinemia. i actullay just got off of it in Nov 2008. i didn't get any side effects listed. the only thing u have to watch is that u are not on it for too long 2-3 years max or there r long term effects, ask the doc they know. good luck, hope ur doing well.

~J~

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
does anyone ever take mtx and cellcept together?
im sure i read or heard somewhere of someone taking them both?

Danica01
02-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I was wondering the same thing! People seem to see great results and I wonder if we could take it along with the methotrexate........we will see if anyone can tell us.

does anyone ever take mtx and cellcept together?
im sure i read or heard somewhere of someone taking them both?