PDA

View Full Version : 1 Cyst + 1 Cyst =

sits_inthe_corner
10-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I got a call from my doctor's office, just as I was getting in the door from my aunt's funeral :shock:

Nothing to worry about says the nurse....oh they found a second cyst on your other ovary :?

No the doctor doesn't need to see you.

But but but but but but....what bout the pain, what about the bleeding?

I'm so frustrated right now I could just spit.

coltsfan
10-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey SITC,
Tell them they may not need to see you, but you want to see them! ASAP. Why do doctors never see it from the patient's point of view?
Best of luck. I will say a prayer for you.

rob
10-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Pardon my language, but what the hell is that all about? They don't need to see you? I'm going to have to hop a ferry to Yarmouth and knock a few heads together if they keep treating you like this. That's just ridiculous. I hope you can get this figured out ASAP.

sits_inthe_corner
10-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Hubby's birthday is tomorrow, so I'm keeping my yap shut.

I am going to book an appointment next week with my doctor. I want some answers.

I'm tired of being "watched" what the heck does that mean anyway. Go away kid you bother me?

I believe I still have another ultra sound booked for february but I'm not sure if it was canceled when I got moved up after groweling about the pain.

I cant function like this. Doc says they go away on their own...well it's getting bigger and it's invited a friend over!

coltsfan
10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Seriously? They go away on their own? Where did he get his bed side manner, a Cracker Jack box?
Let hubby have a great birthday and then let the doc have it with both guns blazing. I'll be with you in spirit!

kittyjo
10-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi Sits, Hi Colts,
Yep most cysts will go away on their own... Hormones that are out of wack generally cause them_ as long as they are of the 'water-filled sac' variety.

Many women will have them during their 1st trimester of pregnancy due to the raging hormones.

I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and I'm very familiar with the "discomfort" those cysts can cause. Usually a hormone therapy of low dose birthcontrol pills are used to help regulate the hormones and "melt" the cysts away.... If you have had any intensifying of pain and are experiencing any unexpected bleeding or discharge then a cyst could've ruptured _ very painful and a possible risk of infection_ a doctors visit is in order.

Take care and God Bless,
Shellie

deester
10-15-2008, 06:51 PM
I have had two emergency surgeries for cysts. They hurt and I am shocked and outraged that they are doing nothing for you! Get in there face and demand they do something!

busymom3
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
I have cysts. I was told by one doctor that I need to have them monitored every 6 months. Then, I move and my new doctor doesn't think we even need to talk about them. They hurt so bad when they burst. My husband always wants to take me to the ER. I am not sure there is much they can do for us if we are childbearing age besides put us on oral contraceptives.

deester
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes there is. When mine burst they drain out the fluid from them and they can remove them from the ovary if they haven't burst. This is what I have had done twice now.

Saysusie
10-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi SITC;
Please let us know how your doctor's appointment goes. I agree that, if they don't need to see you - you need to see them! At the very least, to have them do something about the bleeding and the pain.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
10-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Hi SITC...

One plus one equals twice the pain, twice the worry, twice the concern...

Bleeding outside the menses needs a reason, I hope you insist they find out why this is happening. The worrying and frustration will stop then..head hugs...

Love,
OLuwa

mnjodette
10-17-2008, 01:10 PM
SITC, the 'let's just wait and see' approach to medical care just makes me crazy! I know not EVERYTHING requires intervention, but extreme pain and bleeding is nothing to ignore. Happy birthday to your hubby...have a great celebration...then get yourself into that doctor and demand some attention. Please let us know how you're doing. Hugs, SITC.

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
10-18-2008, 02:17 AM
I have to go in for my flue shot next week, I'll grill my doctor then.

Thanks for the care and support :)

I just hate feeling like I'm dragging myself around and gawd! I can be whiney :lol:

kittyjo
10-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Yes there is. When mine burst they drain out the fluid from them and they can remove them from the ovary if they haven't burst. This is what I have had done twice now.

Wow Deester, you have had some really attentive medical care! I've had cysts since I was 16 (I'm 41 now); I've lived in 4 different states and seen a dozen or so ob/gyn's over the years and no one has ever mentioned draining them before they burst... No intervention what-so-ever... Just knock 'ya off yer feet pain!
I bet if a simular painful malady plagued the male testes_ Dr.'s would be treating, not waiting and seeing. :roll:

sits_inthe_corner
10-19-2008, 04:34 PM
:shock:

How come my DOG can get his cysts drained off, and I'm just being watched?

Saysusie
10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
That's a very good question SITC!!! I know that, sometimes, our cysts will resolve themselves. But this does not always happen. My mother has always suffered from sebaceous cysts (a form of trichilemmal cyst). This is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum. Sebum is produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis. Doctor's would never drain her cysts until they became unbearable to her. This always angered her (and us) because we could never understand why they would not drain them before they became extremely large and/or painful.
She was always told to use a heating pad on them. It is hoped, that by doing this, it will bring the temperature of the wax-like material inside of the cyst to a temperature at which it melts, and can be reabsorbed and processed by the body, as a small amount of oily fluid. This method is obviously, preferred over surgery (draining) both for reasons of costs and the risks of surgery. This method cannot be used on non-sebaceous cysts, however, as other varieties of cysts do not contain the same hardened sebum deposits, and therefore do not melt to be reabsorbed by the body.
I hope that you get some relief from your cysts soon. Keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Under no circumstances must one try to pop the cyst, as it can lead to infection of the surrounding tissue. The neck is a particularly dangerous region, due to the glands and blood vessels.
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory condition and, as such, we are prone to cysts.

coltsfan
10-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Ok, Saysusie,
your post has brought another question to mind. I have not read yet (still doing research) about being prone to cysts. Can you tell me where you found that as I would be interested in reading more about it. I am still in limbo about getting my official diagnosis. I have an appt with rheumy in Dec and I am trying to work up list of all symptoms and such. I have had two cysts removed already, but never knew that they could be related.

sara akhtar
10-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey Frothy Mouth

I'm outraged on your behalf :mad: I'd like to say a thing or three to that nurse :agrue: You tell them girl - we will all be right there with you :!: Well several thousand miles away actually, in my case, but as Robyn says we'll be there in spirit. Keep us posted.

Hope hubby has a great birthday :new-bday:

Sara

sits_inthe_corner
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm not feeling too badly at the moment. I've decided to go for my three month blood tests, hang off a week then go in to see my doc. I want to know if my white blood cell count is still high.

If it is, then I want her to get to the bottom of it and I want a few explenations of other things that are going on.

Saysusie
10-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Coltsfan;
Due to the fact that Lupus is a disease of inflammation, abnormalities of the soft tissues are not uncommon. We often get fat in the marrow and subcutaneous tissues and cysts. I found the information in several different places throughout my research over the years.
You can try a search for Lupus + Cysts to see what you come up with!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

busymom3
10-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Saysusie,
Good information on the cysts. I have one of those cysts on my chest and I have tried to get rid of it by getting the stuff out of it. Oops. I will try the heating pad method. That is very good to know.

Saysusie
10-25-2008, 08:42 PM
You are very welcome :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
11-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey SITC..wondering where you are? Are you literally watching your cysts? :shock:

Last you said your ovaries were aching on another post...hope all is well.

Hey have you ever had a biopsy for the bleeding you were having? If not, check into it...

Thinking of you..
Head hugs,
Love,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
:( I hurt today oluwa

I've spoken with some friends of mine who went through this. Their doctor's made them wait it out too.

I'm in a fair bit of pain and just feel crappy over all. My knees and neck are a mess.

It's sooo cold outside...it's going to be a very long achy winter.

Oluwa
11-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Oh, no..head hugs...squuueze...SITC.,,and it is sharp pain too, eh?

Have you tried to massage the area where it hurts. In little circles. I know when I used to ovulate it helped the pain.

As of late my body, physically seems to be reacting as if I am about to have a menses..hummm. That happened the last time I had See Spot Run and a biopsy was done. I don't think I am post menopausal like they say despite having See Spot Run about every 13 months or so and the results of the tests....

She said I would have to have a D&C if See Spot Run occurred again. I think it is just the last fizzle..spudder of my Easter basket. An overlooked egg from last years Easter egg hunt.

Have you been to a masseuse lately? PT?

Try these for your neck...http://www.chinese-holistic-health-exercises.com/stiff-neck-exercise.html

Hope today is a better..hugs,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I got your sharp pains, your waves of pain, your radiating pains....all going for the low low price oh heck you can have em for free.

There's little tiny hot spots (I'm assuming) over my ovaries. Very hot to the touch.

I went back to using my memory foam pillow and that seems to help. I had switched it out for a big ol fluffy pillow that slowly went flat on me.

My ribs are aching from the arthritis. I just can't bring myself to put ice any where near my body right now. I'm frozen inside out.

I do rub over the ovaries, and yes it does help.

I'm really looking forward to being post menopausal, cept I do like a good hot flash during the winter :lol:

How are those pegs of yours doing? Still puffed up? Are the anti inflamatories helping?

Oluwa
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey...SITC

Wow that's inflamed..ouch. I hope they resolve, dissolve soon..

The cankles swelled again today, popped a pill...the Lasix I am taking is a diuretic. Works within two hours. Before I even lift the butt off the seat, I have to go again...

Here's to feeling better...and hope you are thawed out by morning...

Hugs...be well.
Love,
Oluwa