PDA

View Full Version : speaking

coltsfan
10-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Does anyone else have a hard time getting out a sentence sometimes? I feel like I am tripping over my tongue alot. All the words are clear inside my head, just can't get them all out.
Man, it makes you feel so stupid sometimes. My kids just giggle and laugh, which makes me laugh too. Just a funny thought that I would see if anyone else does this.

sits_inthe_corner
10-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Hugs coltsfan

And yes :lol:

By rights my husband should have a few lumps on his head for making fun of me when I can't put a sentence together.

I think fatigue has alot to do with it. I get tired "suddenly" ... fine one moment then exhausted. I can't put more than three words together when I'm like that.

I also forget simple words and sometime in mid sentence forget what I was about to make a point on.

:P He's such a brat, but it does get me laughing. I have come to recognize that I am tired when I start doing that.

jaideni
10-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah I just stop talking and laugh since anyone who knows me well knows that I have been that way since I was a kid. I also will forget the name of the person I am talking to no matter how lomg I've known tham or the nature of our relationship. That kinda ticks people off, but now I know the reason. People know to give me a minute and if I laugh they already know that I hit a wall and its time for the next subject

coltsfan
10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
It is really the weirdest feeling in the world.
My husband should have a few of those lumps too. :lol:
I will now think of it as my way of spreading laughter and sunshine into others' lives. (sounds better than forgetful and goofy!!)
Hugs to you all,
Robyn

hatlady
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Yup, I blame it on cotton stuffed between the synapses in my brain....AKA brain fog.

Some days I can talk as smoothly and beautifully as I could wish for. Others....mush mouth. Sometimes both in one day!

admin
10-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Since I got to China, it's very common to hear people mispronounce words and trip up sentences, even if they're from the US. Very funny. The most common is saying the "L" for an "R". Just happens because of hearing the accents all day I guess.

Saysusie
10-16-2008, 08:34 PM
like: solly & happy horridays?

:lol:

rob
10-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Do you guys remember the movie "A Christmas Story"? The family goes out for Chinese food on Christmas, and the Chinese restaurant has a band singing Deck the Halls.

Deck the Hors with Boughs of Ho-ry, Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra.

Tis the Season to be Jo-ry..............

mnjodette
10-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Rob, I laughed to read your post! We've always LOVED "The Christmas Story". When the kids were young watching it was one of our holiday traditions ('course, now it's on cable television non-stop all December :roll: .) Our younger son even bought my husband a 'Leg Lamp' for Christmas some years back. (No....it never made it into my living room...nope, no way, no how.)

I lose words when I talk...they're right on the tip of my tongue and then...pffft...gone. What was I saying???? :?: :?:

Jody

coltsfan
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Jody,
Me too. Of course, I quickly blame whoever I am talking to for distracting me. Doesn't always work, but I try.
Would you believe, until a couple of years ago, I had never seen Christmas Story? When my boss found out, he bought if for me on DVD. Then he told me I should buy my son a bb gun! I objected, but my hubby won. My son now has a bb gun and a 22 rifle! EGADS.

sits_inthe_corner
10-18-2008, 02:12 AM
Got hubby Season one of Get Smart. Hahahhahaha omg the show is soooo campy. It's funny watching it with adult eyes.

I love the Christmas Story...it's all about the soap in the mouth! Been there a few times. Mom discovered liquid soap had a longer lasting effect :roll:

mnjodette
10-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Liquid soap?!?! EEEwwwwww, SITC! What did you say to deserve that? No...wait....don't tell me. Censor police will 'bleep' it out anyway!

Jody

Saysusie
10-18-2008, 10:16 AM
A Christmas Story...one of my ALL TIME favorite Holiday movies.."You'll Shoot Your Eyes Out!" I, too, loved the Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant with the waiters attempting to sing "Deck The Halls", 'til finally the owner told them to just stop singing and bring the food! :lol:
My second favorite Holiday Movie..."The Ref" with Dennis Leary. Absolutely hilarious as it is an intelligent comedy. :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
10-18-2008, 10:25 AM
I've never seen "The Ref"....I looked it up on Netflix and it sounds great! It's now in my Queue! Thanks, Saysusie!

Jody

rob
10-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Got hubby Season one of Get Smart. Hahahhahaha omg the show is soooo campy. It's funny watching it with adult eyes.

I love the Christmas Story...it's all about the soap in the mouth! Been there a few times. Mom discovered liquid soap had a longer lasting effect :roll:

Be careful Susan, or you'll end up like poor Ralphie, blinded by soap poisoning and begging for money on the streetcorner!

sara akhtar
10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
So that really is a pic of you then Susan, I knew there must be a reason for that frothy mouth - liquid soap!!! :shock:

Don't worry Robyn - I'm finding that I get uddled mup with my words too. Thought it was just old age myself :roll:

Saysusie
10-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Mhjodette;
I hope that you enjoy "The Ref". I pull it out every Holiday Season and watch it again. My husband claims that I know the dialogue for the entire movie. He's not too far from the truth on that one?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

DrinkofWtr
10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I love the Charles Dicken's one with Tiny Tim. What is that one called? With the Lupus I can't remember book titles very well? Also, I like "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Andersen. It always makes me cry when I read it on Christmas Eve.

rob
10-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Charles Meat Flute is one of my favorite authors too. :lol:

Quarterhorsegal
10-29-2008, 06:31 PM
'A christmas carol' is also one of my favorites, but I will not be able to think of it again without just rolling with laughter. I especially love the muppets version. Thanks for the chuckle!

mnjodette
11-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Meat Flute....didn't he win a Pulitzer? (Gotta' love the censor, don't ya?)

Jody