PDA

View Full Version : New Member, 6-yr Patient

nadiboo03
10-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello All!

I'm excited to participate in this forum and learn from you, as well as share any insight about my experiences that may help to put someone else at ease.

I was diagnosed in the Fall of 2002 after waking up one day and all of my joints had completely stiffened up. I had no idea what was happening to me. After 6 months of tests, hair loss, total fatigue, weight-loss, etc, I started prednisone and plaquenil - wonder drugs :)

Looking forward to meeting you.

Warm regards
Nadiya

sits_inthe_corner
10-13-2008, 02:21 AM
Welcome Nadiya

Glad you found us :D

I'm not diagnosed yet...long boring story about an idget doctor.

Lupus runs in my family, I have the rashes and arthritis, hair loss and other goodies.

I'm on plaquenil and arthrotec both have restored me to the point where I can function fairly well so long as I dont over do.

There's lots of wonderful people on this site, feel free to look around and make your self at home. This is an informal site and a relaxed easy going crowd. :)

I'm sure the others will be along to welcome you soon.

KathyW1958
10-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Hi Nadiya,
Welcome to the forum. This is a great site. I was diagnosed back in 1996 with SLE Lupus. I have had it for a very very long time. I am glad that you found this site. It is really great with a lot of great folks. I am glad that you found this site.

Hugs,
Kathy

Oluwa
10-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Hi Nadiya...

Welcoming you with tight hugs. I tow Lupus around too and a few other of his cronies.

Jump in, chat up..look around, many people to befriend..oodles of support all right at the tip of your fingers. And a wealth of information from all...

Come on in....hugs.

Keep looking for your wellness,
Love,
OLuwa

rob
10-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Hello Nadiya,

I'm Rob and I was diagnosed with SLE back in 04'. I'm glad you joined us. Welcome, and make yourself at home.

Rob

Pearl
10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Hello Nadiya -

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find strength and comfort here.

Jana