PDA

View Full Version : new from ontario, ca

Candace_Lenore
10-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi, my name is Candace. I am 24 years old and live in Ontario, CA. I was diagnosed 3 years ago. It all started with what I thought was the flu. Apparently it wasnt. I was hospitalized for a month. I had a seizure that last for 45 mins, i think due to my high fever. During that time, my heart stopped and I went into heart failure. Thank god there was someone watching over me that day. That is the short version of my story. I'm just glad to be here today.

rob
10-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi Candace,

I'm Rob. I was diagnosed with SLE back in 2004. That is some truly scary stuff that happened to you. I've had some bad things happen related to Lupus, but never a near death experience like you went through. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and welcome. Make yourself at home.

Rob

Saysusie
10-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Hi Candace :lol:
I am just up the hill from you in Victorville, California. So, we are practically neighbors :lol:
You've had a very frightening experience with Lupus and I am also happy that there was someone with you at the time. Have you experienced any seizures since that time? Have your doctor's discussed CNS involvement with you? What medications are you currently taking?
Here at WHL, you will find only understanding people who are supportive, informative, and comforting. Please know that there is always someone here to help you when you need it and that you are not alone. I am happy that you are here.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Candace_Lenore
10-13-2008, 10:48 PM
I have not experienced any seizure's since the first time. I am currently on trileptal(spelling?). My doctor never actually told me I had CNS involment, but I think I do. I am always getting terrible headaches all the time. I actually need to go see the doctor.

Saysusie
10-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Do you see a rheumatologist? Please let us know if you get in to see your doctor & what he diagnoses. In the meantime, we will try to help you as much as we can.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
10-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi Candace..

I want to welcome you with a hug..welcome. I am happy too, you are here with us, alive and here in this forum...

Again, welcome...

Hugs,
Oluwa

Susanne
03-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Hello. I'm in Ontario ca too. I'm looking for a rhumotologist in or around this area ? Do you no of one

lovehubby
03-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Hope you find a good rhuemy and welcome to WHL great place to find good support.
Take Care Michele

craftkeeper
03-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi Candice, welcome to WHL. I love it here and i'm sure you will too. So many helpful caring people here.

kim,l
03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
hi candice welcome whl family look forward to getting to know you

Peridot20_Gem
03-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi, my name is Candace. I am 24 years old and live in Ontario, CA. I was diagnosed 3 years ago. It all started with what I thought was the flu. Apparently it wasnt. I was hospitalized for a month. I had a seizure that last for 45 mins, i think due to my high fever. During that time, my heart stopped and I went into heart failure. Thank god there was someone watching over me that day. That is the short version of my story. I'm just glad to be here today.Hello Candace,

A lovely warm welcome to the WHL and it's nice to have you with us.

Candace i started having seizure's at 14 but that was in a form of autissum and at 18 i had two forms of epilepsey come out on me besides other ailments which was all connected to the lupus, i do hope that one seizure was a one off because for years of suffering myself it's horrible to think someone will suffer also but Lupus can causes seizures besides them coming on naturally.
For your seizure to last 45mins without no break in between can cause heart failure then coma afterwards as i've been there twice myself, so i am pleased someone was there for you. If you break in between seizure's your hearts coping but if a fit is rapid and no signs of breaking emergencey is needed straight away and fingers crossed for you i hope it never occurs again.

It will be nice getting to know you.
Hugs Terri xxx

tgal
03-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Welcome to WHL! Boy you went through a hard time! I agree with others about you checking into CNS involvement as there are several different kinds of seizures. One called "Absence Seizures" are so short that you, nor others around, really know that they happened. There are also "night seizures" that happen while you are sleeping. While I don't want you to have any of these I do agree that they should be looked at since you had one very long one at one time.

Once again welcome to WHL! I can't wait to get to know you

Peridot20_Gem
03-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Candance,

How are you feeling now in yourself since joining the site and i hope your not in to much pain either.

Hugs Terri x

gringa1
04-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Candace, and welcome. I was recently diagnosed with lupus 9 months ago, I think I had it longer than that. Small world I live in Walnut,ca., not too far from you :)
This forum has helped me a great deal, people here are awesome!! I too suffer from really back headaches, and they just don't go away. Are seizures apart of lupus ??
Aagin, welcome Candace.