PDA

View Full Version : Face Sores/Lesions - HELP!

sincerly Meow
10-07-2008, 09:47 PM
does anyone ever get sores on their face? for me, they usually start out like a tender bump under the skin and as it gets bigger it fills up with this clear fluid. i know, it's gross enough hearing about it, imagine having it on your face! yuck! eventually, these sores kind of come to a head, but once i squeeze it, it oozes fluid, not pus, and then crusts over, looking absolutely horrible! sometimes it will only be one, and other times, my whole face becomes infected. has anyone had anything like this? or am i just cursed in the dermotology department too? haha!

jaideni
10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I get some weird bumps too. I am so grossly addicted to squeezing at them that I dont wait for them to come to a head.Some leave a weird mole-like mark when it finally heals. so I am slowly becoming covered in things that look like moles but started off as bumps. I plan to get referred to dermatology for this and another issue you should also. I had the crust over kind on my arms and around my breasts before but they eventually went away especially once I stopped picking at those areas.

Jesse
10-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Ah yes, I know it well. It sounds like you're getting cold sores on your face. Are you on any medication that suppresses your immune system? Meds like MTX and Imuran and related drugs are known to cause cold sores and acne. I'm dealing with both right now. If it's confirmed that you are having a herpes outbreak (cold sores) there's a medication that can stop them, but you have to take it for as long as you're on the medication that is suppressing your immune system. It's called acyclovir (prescription only) and it comes in pill and ointment form. The ointment doesn't help much but the pills work well. My problem is I don't want to take another drug for the rest of my life so I'm hoping once I get off the MTX and take only Imuran the problem won't be as bad. I'm not sure what to do about the acne part yet. Maybe others will have more suggestions.

Saysusie
10-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Sincerely Meow;
Lupus symptoms include several different rashes as well as, what we call, lupus lesions. Here are some web sites to give you information about the rashes. If your rashes seem similar to any of these, notify your doctor so that appropriate treatment can be started.

Best of Luck
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

www.cure4lupus.com
www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/systemicLupusErythematosus
www.lupus.org
www.uklupus.co.uk/fact8.html

ghostnurse44
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
I get these all over. My doc tells me it is just "part of lupus"...which I find totally maddening! They just fill up with clear fluid and then leave awful scabs and look terrible! I would love to know if anyone knows anything to help relieve/prevent them.

Jesse
10-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Ghost, go to a dermatologist when you have the sores so he/she can examine them. The sores I get with the clear fluid and crusting are cold sores (herpes virus). Find out if your lesions are also from this virus. I've gotten them since I was a child whenever my immune system was weakend and/or I was feeling run down, usually 3 or 4 times a year. Since I'm on drugs that suppress my immune system, these cold sores are an everyday thing. I am hoping that by switching from MTX to Imuran the sores will stop or lessen, but in the meantime I have a prescription for acyclovir which works very well to keep them under control. If I take acyclovir every day, twice a day, no sores. If you only get them occasionally and take the acyclovir as soon as you feel one coming, it will knock it out quickly but will take longer if the sore is already established.

Hope this helps. If you have the same problem I have, I understand how hard this is for you. They not only look awful, but they can be spread to other people, so you have to be so careful not to infect anyone else with this virus.