PDA

View Full Version : eye twitching

coltsfan
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Has anyone had any problems with their eyelids twitching? What is up with that and how do you make it stop. It is driving me crazy! Probably not lupus related, just curious.

sits_inthe_corner
10-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Yes!

When I'm tired or stressed it jumps like crazy for a day or two. Very annoying.

jaideni
10-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I have had that too it is annoying but I don't know why it happens when it does

Saysusie
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM
My eyelids twitch and I sear that my eyeballs jump up and down. Happens, as SITC stated, when I'm very tired, under stress, or in a flare-up!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Yep,

Add me to the list. I have the same problem. Sometimes it's the eyelid itself, sometimes the eye. I've been dealing with optic neuritis as well, but I don't believe that it causes the strange and irritating muscle spasms. Just one more odd symptom to add to the list I guess.

deester
10-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Wow. my left eye lid twitches all the time! Drives me insane! I never thought it could be lupus related! I always feel like donkey on shrek and I use that line all the time!

Thinkingrl
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I've heard that eye twitching could be caused by several different things...such as your eyes being fatigued (from watching too much tv, looking at a computer too long or lighting in the room). It also seems that increased stress or plain ole fatigue can cause that annoying twitching.

rob
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Yep, eyelid gets muscle twitches, irritating as can be. I get optic neuritis related to MS too. Eyes look left to right super fasy and all is blurry. No fun. Pain behind the eye, I assume it's inflammation of the optic nerve. Don' know if the muscle in the eye problem affects the optic nerve and muscles that actually point the eyes.

buddhabelly
11-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Guess Im not the only one out there with eye twitches. :wink: Its such a strange feeling because you can't control it from happening. It just happens. It usually happens to me when I'm exhausted or if I didnt get enough sleep. It almost feels like a pulse in my eyelid. You can actually see it twitching if you look in the mirror. So odd...

Dog Lover
11-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I used to get eyelid twitches all the time. Turned out I was very deficient in magnesium. I also had jumping leg syndrome and terrible monthly cramps. All were caused by lack of magnesium.

NoodleMom
11-28-2008, 07:31 PM
yep. It happens off and on, I have no idea why. It is annoying.

bonnieb
01-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Hi,

I am new here. Just thought I would let you know that I also have a terrible problem with my left eye twitching.

Bonnie
WNY

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Yes only when im tired tho, my midle finger on my right hand is twitching as we speak lol funny old things we are lol x

Danica01
01-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Add me to the list!!!!! I agree with everyone else, only when I am tired or stressed.........I am surprised they are not twitching more...........lol :angel:

karli1238
01-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah I get it too. It is really weird how you can see it in the mirror. It hasn't happened for a while and I hope it doesn't...

mountaindreamer
01-05-2009, 01:12 PM
well, i will add my name to this list.

strange, it is my left eye and it twitches, my eylids blink like crazy....all when i am tired etc.

since i was a teenager this has happened.

interesting that we all seem to be irritated by this.

share a smile today,

ShellyZ
01-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Eye twitches are so much fun, ever tried to count how many times it twitches in a minute? No, me either, it's too annoying for that. Glad it's not just in my head, so to speak.
Shelly

narrowboatnutter
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
me too - i get it in left or right eye - again if i am very tried, flaring or going to flare, i asked my doc, he said he didnt know what it was - but it was condition related and that i wasnt anything to be concerned about! i also asked the eye clinic and they didnt know either - but i guess it wont hurt us -apart from our pride - cos i get really embrassed around other people when i get it, cos i look abit werid i think!!!

rob
01-13-2009, 08:33 AM
My sister introduced me to a couple of her co-workers the other day, and I was having one of these strange eyelid twitching things happening. I met the ladies she works with, said bye to everyone, and headed home. That night sis calls me and says that her friends thought I was such a nice young man, but asked if I was always such a flirt. I guess they thought I was winking at them. Too funny. Sis explained it to them, and they laughed. Lupus can be funny some days. Of course, If I can have this happen with a lady who is single and more my age, it wouldn't be a bad thing!

Danica01
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Rob......you little devil! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!! I needed that giggle today!

My sister introduced me to a couple of her co-workers the other day, and I was having one of these strange eyelid twitching things happening. I met the ladies she works with, said bye to everyone, and headed home. That night sis calls me and says that her friends thought I was such a nice young man, but asked if I was always such a flirt. I guess they thought I was winking at them. Too funny. Sis explained it to them, and they laughed. Lupus can be funny some days. Of course, If I can have this happen with a lady who is single and more my age, it wouldn't be a bad thing!