PDA

View Full Version : Memory Problems?

STaylor
10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I was just curious how many of you lupies have memory problems? I know that since I was diagnosed with lupus I have not had the memory I once did. I think it might have to do with all the medications we take.

Anyone else? Just wondering if I'm the only one. :)

NoodleMom
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi STaylor,
yeah got them here. Memory issues. I am really foggy right now. That brain fog...not good

K

rob
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi STaylor,

I have memory problems too. I used to be the sort of person who people would ask to proofread various documents, and now I have to use spellcheck for words I've known since the 1st grade. I've written a bunch of magazine articles over the years. The words used to just "flow". Now it's a struggle to write the simplest of things. I use voice recognition software quite often for e-mails and posts now. It helps, but it certainly does not fix the problem.

I also get various cognitive problems like forgetting what order simple daily tasks need to be done in to finish them. This will sound crazy, but some days I can't figure out that I first need a glass, and then take the cap off a jug of milk before I pour it. I forget how to shift gears in my truck that I've driven for about 8 years now, and I get lost in my hometown that I've known like the back of my hand since I was a kid. Not much fun.

Jesse
10-06-2008, 12:37 PM
What was the question? Oh yeah, memory problems. I'm not sure if it's the meds or not, but there are days when I feel like such an idiot, and probably look like one too. I know there are many people who complain of this problem. You are not alone.

STaylor
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks all!

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Some days are worse than others and I have trouble concentrating on things and remembering anything!

Guess I will just have to write everything down! Hopefully I will remember where I wrote it. Ha ha.

tyarishanese
10-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah, the brain fog is what led to my diagnosis because I suddenly became REALLY confused and extremely forgetful. Docs started running tests and VOILA! I have lupus.

summerdragonfly
01-25-2009, 09:32 PM
What was the question? Oh yeah, memory problems. I'm not sure if it's the meds or not, but there are days when I feel like such an idiot, and probably look like one too. I know there are many people who complain of this problem. You are not alone.

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!!!
My hubby calles me space cadet! Welcome to the club STaylor and good luck, you have my support, and from the looks of it many others. .

Mary Jane
01-25-2009, 10:59 PM
My husbands always making comments about my memory problems... and when I studder because I can't think of the word I want to use. It's a real pain.

NoodleMom
01-25-2009, 11:05 PM
A little funny here. I saw this thread and was thinking oh I should post something quirky like "Memory Problems....what was I saying?" I know pretty lame. Sorry. Im sure someone else can come up with a better one.

But anyway onto the funny....I clicked in and started to scroll down and I already posted on this thread!! LOL!! Im thinking when did I do that?

Okay maybe you had to be in my foggy brain to se the humor. Really it was funny. To me at least.

So how ya doin?

Kasey

Angel Oliver
01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes it was funny :)

And even though i am unsure whats up with me...YES..i too have memory problems.

Angel.xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
My memory is non exsistant lol

i have to get my family and friends to remind me of stuff or im writing down all the time,
either a lupie thing or a medi thing dunno
x

mountaindreamer
01-26-2009, 12:16 PM
hi noodlemom,

i can not tell you how many times I have done the same thing. i will read the posts, think i need to respond, scroll back up, and see that i already responded.

ha ha ha ha

we have to laugh at this sometimes.

I am an industrial safety director, and often have to conduct training meetings. I feel like a complete idiot when i can not recall the most common word, and have to get someone in the class to help me. But, i just admit what i am experiencing, laugh at my "part timers" moment, and i let the class help me when necessary.

share a smile today,
phyllis