PDA

View Full Version : I'm back and had a wonderful visit

sits_inthe_corner
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Our company left for Germany last night. We had a fantastic visit with them. They are warm and funny and very relaxing to be around.

Breaks my heart to say goodbye to them. There were lots of promises from us to come visit them soon. We even talked about going to Frankfurt for a few days then all of us traveling ti Ireland.

I wanted to get on the plane with them right then and there.

My health held up for the entire visit :) and today I'm resting. I received a call to go for my ultra sound tomorrow :P Oh joy.

But it will be good to get it over with. Hopefully this time my doctor will decide to take action.

Missed ya all, gonna try and catch up on the posts :D

DrinkofWtr
10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Dear Sits in the Corner:

When my daughter got married, a few months ago, a bunch of the grooms relatives came from Germany for the wedding. Unfortunately, I don't speak German and they didn't speak English. My brother was the only one who was able to communicate with them on the bride's side. He took quite a few years of German in high school way back when.

I would like to visit Germany sometime, as my grandfather was German on my Dad's side. It would be nice to see the town in East Germany that my relatives came from. My maiden name was the name of that town.

The bride and groom are planning on visiting the German relatives who came to the wedding someday.

DrinkofWtr :D There is always something to keep you hopping!

sits_inthe_corner
10-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey DrinkofWtr

I went to Germany for 2 weeks a couple of years ago. My husband wanted to go. I was sort of iffy on it, as I had never really felt drawn to that country.

I have to say it was NOTHING like I expected. I LOVED it there and would move there to live in a heart beat.

The people were very kind and warm, the food was nothing like I thought it would be. (It was wonderful) I thought it would be bland and uninteresting.

The scenery and the sites were fantastic. I do not speak any German but I was always able to find some one who could point me in the right direction.

Razzleberry
10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Nice to see you back SITC. I'm back too after my long summer at the cottage. Just wanted to say hi and that I hope you're feeling hale and hardy :-)

sits_inthe_corner
10-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Hugssss Razzleberry

Good to have you back on the board. I read your other post and left a response.

Hope you had a nice summer.