PDA

View Full Version : Constantly getting UTI's

KathyW1958
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi all,
I am wondering if I am the only one that keeps getting urinary tract infections. For the past year I have been having serious problems with urinary tract infections. It seems like I get put on Cipro and it clears up and then bam right back again. This is seriously worrying me. I am wondering if the Lupus could be affecting my kidneys. Anyone with information please reply as this really has me upset big time.

Hugs,
Kathy

Razzleberry
10-02-2008, 05:22 PM
UTIs ....yuk!

They are the bane of my existance and like you I can have one after the other after another. They put me in the hospital and give me flares from hell. Nothing helps.

I now am VERY careful of hygiene ( especailly after intimacy) and take lots of cranberry pills and juice and I try to never get dehydrated.

You probably know all this but just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your UTI hell.

Jesse
10-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I used to have this problem and for me it turned out to be some sort of reaction from my husband's sperm. It was changing the Ph of the vaginal area and allowing bacteria to grow. No matter how careful I was with cleaning up before and after, and using the bathroom after relations, I would still get a UTI. The only thing that stopped it was using a condom during relations. The only time I can get away without one is if I take one antibiotic after relations.

I don't know if this is your problem but I thought I'd mention it because my OB/GYN told me it's quite common.

KathyW1958
10-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi Jesse,
I am going to ask my doctor about this. What is weird is I never had this problem until about 2 years ago and then bam it all started.

Hugs,
Kathy

Jesse
10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Yep, that sounds familiar. It's possible that your body chemistry has changed, for whatever reason. Or, maybe that's not the problem at all. It's worth checking out, though.

kittyjo
10-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi Ladies,
I can definately relate! My first UTI coinsided with a very bad case of Strep last lasted 8 months... Ever since, whenever I come down with a cold, sore throat or even a pancreatitis attack I get a UTI... That is until recently... I have had ongoing reoccuring UTI like symptoms _ sometimes it begins with kidney pain and light tea colored urine_ somtimes it's just the usual tingle that blows up into the major UTI pain and then kidney pain. I just finished another course of cipro and the doc also has me on a follow up of macrodatin for 30 days_ I'm still having the 'tingle along with sporadic kidney pain. A possibility of kidney stones/sludge has been mentioned but since I do not have any medical coverage I cannot get that checked out.

**Note I'm divorced and have not been sexually active for many years. I always make sure to drink pleanty of water, etc..

Jesse, when I was married I also developed allergic reactions to my husbands body fluids, I never did have a UTI during the time I was married though, but I would get horrible burning rashes if his body fluids just touched my skin and the rash would appear instantly after exposure. It was something odd that developed after 4 years of marriage and it's has been rare to find anyone who has shared that same kind of experience in that regard.

Jesse
10-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Kitty, I never heard of anyone with the "allergy" type problem to bodily fluids either but I've since learned it's more common that most realize. I guess it's not something most people talk about. :wink: