PDA

View Full Version : hair thinning...can i relax it??????

purplepinkgirl
09-30-2008, 07:44 AM
I was wondering about relaxers. I perm my hair about 3x's a year, it is really thinning and i havent had a perm in about 3 months and it is time for one but my texture has changed to become more soft and curly I am not sure if i should relax it or let my hair grow out. what should i do?

sits_inthe_corner
09-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, you could ask your hair dresser what they think is best.

I would be tempted to go for a tidey up hair cut. Just get things evened out and stay away from any drastic chemicals for a bit.

But the hair dresser should be able to tell ya better than I.

Oluwa
09-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi Purplepinkgirl..

Do you like the new texture your hair has taken on? I love curly hair, to me it makes a person look fresh, youthful....so I'd say try the natural for a bit through Fall and see how you like.

My hair is long, fine and straight, so I do the hot rollers. Hot rollers and dryers do a number on my tresses but not as bad as a perm can on my type of hair...break, split...

Be well..Hugs.
Oluwa

purplepinkgirl
10-02-2008, 06:50 AM
thank you for your responses. I decided to just go natural,i will just see how it goes, around december i might press it straight. thanks again.

Saysusie
10-06-2008, 01:15 AM
I was told, by my dermatologist and my rheumatologist, when I was losing hair to NOT put any chemicals of any kind on my hair at all and to not use a pressing comb (even be very careful and gentle with blow dryers). Also, after treatment with Plaqeunil and Prednisone, my hair began to grow back. It was reiterated, during the re-growth period, to absolutely not put any chemicals of any kind on my hair. I could use conditioners and other products to help strengthen my hair, but not texturizers, no relaxers, no coloring.....nothing!!!
I was told that this ban on chemicals was due to the lesions in my scalp that could be aggravated by the chemicals, the fragile nature of my hair and the medication I was taking!
Does that help you at all?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie