PDA

View Full Version : neck pain

mj_stroud
09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
anyone ever has neck pain? i have had this like 5 times in the last 3 months. its very servire pain. (was in the hospital for a week for it the 1st time) just didnt know if it could be linked to lupus or not. thanks everyone!

rob
09-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I get severe neck pain. It usually radiates down into one of my shoulders. It's bad enough that I cannot turn my head, or sleep, or even drive. I mean it really hurts. Nothing I do really helps it, I just have to take some naproxen and grit my teeth until it goes away. It happens about once a month give or take, and for me it usually lasts 3-4 days. If Lupus were a person, I'd gladly pay Tony Soprano to break it's kneecaps. Not much fun.

mj_stroud
09-29-2008, 07:38 PM
i was told that is was viral meningitieis (i think thats how you spell it) and i was thinking that maybe cuz with lupus you get a lot more viral infectons that it could be that. what do you guys think? or it could just be the lupus being a pain in the neck. lol sorry for the bad joke.

sits_inthe_corner
09-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Last year I suddenly started having severe neck pain. I couldn't shoulder check when changing lanes on my way to work or backing up in my drive way.

Turning my head or even just sitting still, my neck hurt. So I went to my doctor who refered me to physio therapy.

After being examined...he asked me to look at how my computer was set up at work and at home. He said you should be looking down at your monitor....NOT up.

He was right! Soon as I sat down at my desk I realized my desk is too high. We had just moved our office 3 months earlier and my new desk top is build in and is NOT at good working hight.

I now have my chair cranked up high, but my feet dont touch the floor :lol: so I had to buy a foot rest.

The company is not going to rip out the build in desk for me, so they did agree to buy the foot rest. It was either that or I was going to have to go on disablility I couldn't stand the pain.

So for me my neck pain had a simple answer ... even though the pain was out of this world.

By the way, the physio new right away what the problem was because I had developed a crease in the skin on the back of my neck from crooking my head up to look at the monitor.