PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

karmellkisses
09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey all!! I so excited to finally find a supportive site to discuss issues and meet new friends....I'm a 28 yr old that was recently diagnosed with SLE in May....I have a beautiful 7 month old little boy and I am married to a wonderful guy who's trying his best to be supportive and understand all of this....We currently live in Miami :) !! I'm looking forward to making new friends and learning more about this condition.....

sits_inthe_corner
09-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi and welcome karmellkisses

Nice to meet you. Congrats on being a mommy :) glad to hear you have a wonderful supportive hubby.

There's lots of info on this site. Feel free to ask what ever you like. We've got some wonderful folks here.

dancinstarz
09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
I am a newbie too... but wanted to say welcome. I'm sure there is a wealth of information here for us, but more than that... support from those that are dealing with it too! Take care!

KathyW1958
09-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of good folks that come in here with a wealth of information. I have had Lupus for about 45 years. I guess you could say I am an old timer lol.

Hugs,
Kathy

Oluwa
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi Karmelkisses...

Hugs, welcoming you with open arms....

Loads of experience to share, tons of support, caring words, knowledge...laughter all in one place, that is us....welcome.

Post, read, share....I look forward to reading more of you..

Be well.
Hugs,
Oluwa

frekkuls
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm new to the family too, but isn't it great to not be alone??
My hubby is super duper supportive too. He started out very very over protective.....wanted to bubble wrap me and leave me on the couch. He's doing better now though.....I can breathe again!!!
Glad we'll all be learning together!

sits_inthe_corner
09-30-2008, 01:25 AM
My hubby has the "suck it up buttercup" attitude :shock:

While that can be very annoying, it does keep me moving which is good for me as well. I'm not shy about saying when enough is enough and I need to rest.

Unfortunately by the time I put my foot down, all the life has pretty much been sucked out of me.

karmellkisses
10-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!!!!! I look forward to getting to know all of you! 8)

rob
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Hello Karmellkisses,

Welcome! This is an informal, and really open place to talk about all things Lupus. Make yourself at home, and enjoy!

Rob

ygrendon
10-11-2008, 05:23 AM
I've actually have been dealing with lupus for 3 year, i'm married and sad to say i get my main support from my kids than from my husband. I just feel so alone and afraid and everything keeps getting worse. I don't know how to make him understand so I've grown knumb to him. My condition is getting worse as well as my kids and I'm torn between where my heart and head. I know this indroduction is way too much for a first, but who else can understand but people like me. No one understands my pain, fears, or worries and I'm just looking for a friend who can san "I know what your going through and I'm sorry"[color=green]

sits_inthe_corner
10-11-2008, 05:53 AM
:BIG: Welcome ygrendon

This is a great site for support, and NEVER give up.

We've all faced the sting that comes with lack of understanding and support. Lucky for us we have each other here.

It wasn't untill my husband started to get arthritis in his hips that he started to understand the daily pain that I have and that he has ignored. He's still at a lose because he doesn't know how to fix it for me.

But at least now he askes me if something is too much for me and offers to help.

There's alot of things that he still doesn't think of or grumbles about when I ask for help. So I've had to learn to let some things go untill I am up to doing them myself.

I cherrish the good days so I can blow through my "to do" list.

There's no limit on how long your post is. If you have something you want to say...go for it. We will read :)

rob
10-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Hi Yvonne,

I'm Rob, and I've been living with Lupus for almost 5 years now. I didn't talk to anyone about Lupus other than my Dr. and Rheumotologist for a long time. I finally got to a point where I felt if I didn't talk to someone else with the disease that I would burn myself up inside. When I finally decided to talk, I did it here. I had so much stuff pent up inside of me that some of my first posts here looked more like novels.

I was surprised, and very relieved when I learned that a bunch of good people here not only read every word I had written, but they also understood how I felt. I think you'll find there's a bunch of people here that understand what you are going through in ways only another person with Lupus can understand. Please make yourself at home, and talk as much as you need to, that's what this place is all about. Welcome!

Rob

tyarishanese
10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Im new too. I'm Tyari and its nice to meet you. I was also really happy to find a support group for people like us to communicate to one another and have confidence that we understand what we are all going through.

sits_inthe_corner
10-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome tyarishanese

Glad you could join us :)