PDA

View Full Version : losing hair

mcisneros
09-25-2008, 12:02 AM
does anyone's hair get thinner after all the medication? :evil:

cherie
09-25-2008, 03:39 AM
I am not taking any meds at the moo as i just found out i have sle and lac but my hair is definatly getting thinner i use clip in hair extentions to make look a bit better .
Sorry cant help.

sits_inthe_corner
09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi mcisneros

My hair loss started before the medications. I think that's just part of what ever lupus is doing to me.

I'm hoping to start a sexy bald woman movement. :lol:

frekkuls
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
When I was younger I needed a particular brush to get through my thick unruly hair.
Now the braid going down my back is the size of a sharpy marker. My Rhuematogolist told me the losing our hair can be a side effect of extreme illness. I have ITP...which means my body stopped producing platelets, and my blood wouldn't clot. The Doc. said that when that happened my hair stopped growing.......and didn't start again until my issue got under control. Then new hair started coming in, but all my "old" hair fell out. So I have new little short hairs growing on my scalp, but my long beautiful hair is almost completely gone now. I'm trying hard not to be shallow and vain, but damnit!!!

sits_inthe_corner
09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Hugs frekkuls

I hear ya...yous see everyone walking by with the wind blowing in their hair, not a care in the world. And I'm hoping my hair spray will keep things in place :oops:

I would rather say to heck with it and just shave my head and be done.

sick n tired
09-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Last year my hair was falling out by the handfulls, I got better, I think with plaquenil. Now it is coming out by the handfulls, again..the doc thinks that I have something sinister happening in my body....Like freckuls, the long, thick, dark curls are almost gone...Maybe I won't look awful as a bald woman... :(

cuttlefish
10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I recently went to get my hair cut before I headed back to college.
As the hair dresser was working on my hair, she commented that it seemed "thinner" than last time.
I asked her about it and she said that it looked like I have "chemo hair."
It's breaking and thinning and I have TONS of tiny little new growth baby hairs that stick up through EVERYTHING.

It sucks.
But it's not as bad as my mom's was when she was young with lupus. Chunks came out with her.
She said it was because it was before they knew how to treat it.

I'm on plaquenil and methotrexate (methotrexate can MAKE YOUR HAIR FALL OUT TOOOO)...
But it isn't awful.
:?

Oluwa
10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey...

FYI...

Hair loss is an indicative sign of a flare starting, if unnoticed immediately the flare may have past. Hair thinning, with SLE should grow back. Brittle and breaking hair is common with SLE, from scaryroids... Keep hair hydrated with hair products. I use Euphora or Aveda...

If discoid lupus occurs on the scalp it often results in the destruction of the hair follicle causing permanent hair loss...sigh.

I have SLE, I get the baby hair halo when mine starts to grow in...Looks like down when the sunlight catches it.

Keep well..hugs,
Oluwa