PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fog and Sheer Exhaustion

DrinkofWtr
09-21-2008, 09:32 AM
All weekend long I have been in a brain fog and when not in the "fog" I have been sleeping, and sleeping. Just can't get enough sleep and don't feel rested no matter how much sleep I get. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with my nose completely stopped up and a bad sinus headache, or high blood pressure headache. Can't really tell which one it is at this point, maybe both! Just feeling bad, in general. Am fighting an infection also and have been fighting it for a long time. Am still on medication for it and have been on different meds for it for almost a month. Everyday it's some different symptom to deal with and it can be so frustrating!

Drink

hatlady
09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Many hugs, drink!

Have you tried one of the neti pots (sinus wash)? I start using it about this time of year, and use it all winter, usually once a day in the evening. It moisturizes the sinuses (great for Sjogrens), it washes out all the icky stuff, and I'm sure it was one of the reasons I didn't catch a cold all last winter.

Other than that - rest. Sleep and do what you can to stay away from having to THINK. I hate brain fog. I feel like there's cotten batting stuffed between the little synapses in my brain, and I can't think through the batting.

sits_inthe_corner
09-21-2008, 03:21 PM
:( Sorry you're not feeling well DrinkofWtr

Lots of liquids and sleep. I know I tend to harp about the stuff, but ColdFX really does work well.

Usually by the morning of day two I'm feeling much better. It's not cheap but it's the only thing I'm allowed to take. Thank goodness it works.

Hope you are feeling better soon.