PDA

View Full Version : Leg pain

jaideni
09-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Does anyone else feel like someone is banging on their legs with a two by four? My legs are killing me! Also I notice what looks like a bunch of small bruises. A couple of the small red rashes that I used get all the time are starting to show up on my legs also they do not raise above the skin unless I pick at them. Are these all lupus problems or could I possibly have another issue to take to the doctor. I hate going to primary care the only thing they do is remind me that I have lupus and symptoms vary from case to case and send me on my way.

sits_inthe_corner
09-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear you are hurting jaideni.

The weather has turned cold here and my bones and joints don't like it. I'm only 48 yrs old but I feel like I'm 80.

What are you doing to manage the pain? Ice? Heat? Is the pain in the bones or the joints?

Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

jaideni
09-21-2008, 07:12 PM
I could just swear its the bones. Whenever I tell my pcp that they look at me like I am crazy. "Well you do know that you have lupus, right? It could be that." I have tried both heat and ice. I slept with ice on my legs for a few days, it helped but it also ointed out the other areas of my legs that needed som ice attention. I was trying to lay there constantly readjusting the ice. I bet if someone saw me they would've died laughing. So now I am sleeping on my massaging heating pad mat. It does not help my legs but it is helping with my back, neck, and shoulder pains. Just had an idea, tonight I'm gonna combine the two. Wow! I hope that works makes me wanna go to bed right now. Oh yeah when I told my rheumy about my issues with muscle swelling and bone pain she was like well your lupus is mostly contained in your connective tissues you should talk to your pcp about that. Lucky her I was half sleep because I took A&P and I know that the connective tissues are blood, bone, and cartilage.

Saysusie
09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Have your doctors considered or suggested Fibromyalgia? I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and the FM pain (as you mentioned) feels like the bone is hurting. Also, the muscles feel as if they are on fire.

If not, there are several reasons why you might be feeling this type of pain with Lupus. Most of those are directly related to inflammation caused by the disease. It is difficult to pinpoint what, exactly, may be causing your pain and I'm sure that it does not help to have doctors who simply dismiss everything to your Lupus. You may have to be a bit more aggressive with your doctors and insist that they find out exactly what is causing the pain and that they, then, prescribe treatment to ease the pain.

I wish you the very best.
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie