PDA

View Full Version : positve lupus blood tests

cherie
09-20-2008, 04:42 AM
I have had two blood tests so far and both blood tests were positive for lupus sle and lupus anticoauglant.

If my next test comes back negative will i still have lupus?
I have read alot about lupus but still am confused.!!

Thanks

Saysusie
09-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Lupus is a chronic disease, meaning, once you have it, it remains. However, it is also a disease that is characterized by relapse and remission. Remission means that there are times when symptoms subside, blood tests come back negative and #'s go down, and medications are tapered. There is no way of knowing how long this period of remission will last. For some lucky few, it lasts for the remainder of their lives. For others, it can last as long as years or as briefly as one-two days.
Then, we go into periods called relapse. This is when our symptoms return, worsen or new ones appear. Our blood tests are positive and #'s increase, medications are increased and/or new ones are added. As is the case with remission; no one can predict how long the relapse (also known as flare-up) will last. Also, there is no way of predicting what will cause a relapse. We are cautioned to do all that is necessary in order to avoid relapse. Such as avoiding exposure to the sun, avoiding stress, eating healthy, exercising regularly, taking medications as prescribed, etc.
So, the short answer to your question is, yes!. If your next tests come back negative, it is possible for you to still have Lupus, but you may be in a period of remission.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

jaideni
09-20-2008, 03:35 PM
That confusion you have about lupus is normal. Its so much information to retain. Lucky for you, you found this website. This site has come to mean so much to me. It has helped in ways other sites could not, mostle because its a community of people who know what you are going through, which you will come to find, is not ver common with this condition. The people here are so helpful, they will provide feedback to all your questions and concerns no matter how stupid, or unimportant you may feel that they are. People here understand your concerns and likely have already gone throughthe same phase, and now can provide those answers to us newbies. Good luck and I hope you find this site as helpful as I have.And remember there are no stupid questions here and there is so much to learn

cherie
09-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Thank you that is what i thought i have read so many things and have been so confused by what i have read and the fact my doctor forgot to mention i tested positive to sle until tghe other day.
All info is welcome as i understand you all no so much more and what is rite.
Iam so glad i found this site and some helpfull honest people.