PDA

View Full Version : About Tramadol and Acetamenaphine

KathyW1958
09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I am wondering if there are others on here that have to take this medication for pain from the arthritis associated with the Lupus? I am wondering if they are having problems with constipation from it?

Hugs,
Kathy

Jenfrombill
09-19-2008, 08:57 AM
I am on Tramadol for my never ending shoulder injury and I have no problems at all with it. I have been on it for like a month.

KathyW1958
09-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Jen,
Thank you for answering. I am getting use to the medication and it is helping a lot with the pain from the arthritis. I don't seem to be having a problem with the constipation now from it. I was just wondering about it is all, because this is the first time that I have been put on Tramadol. I am glad that it is helping me in the pain department in my knees and back.

Hugs,
Kathy

cherokee993
09-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Hello :)

I've been taking tramadol for a few years now and no problems with constipation most of the time.

jaideni
09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I just started taking tramadol and I love it I still feel the pain but it doesnt nag at me like usual. Also since I started it I have noticed an improvement in my relationship with my daughter. I can listen to her and play with her without snapping as quickly as I did and my patience is returning. I cant say anything for constipation because Im like that for about six day a week. I just love how this pill makes me feel and I am trying to make sure it doesnt become addictive.

KathyW1958
09-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Hi all,
Well the Tramadol is working great for me now. I have been on it for a week and it is really helping with the pain in my back and knees and legs. I hope that I don't get addicted to it, but I am not going to worry about that at this time. I just know that it helps a lot.

Hugs,
Kathy

Jenfrombill
09-23-2008, 04:20 AM
Hi Kathy,

I believe Tramadol is non-narcotic. That is why a lot of doctors prescribe it for long term, unlike Vicodin or Percocet. I have been on and off Percocet since July now for my shoulder and my doctor will get hesitant about prescribing the Percocet (which I do not blame him then he sees my shoulder and gives me them) but with Tramadol he is fine. My friend was on Tramadol for about a year or so and no addiction. I hope that helps to ease your mind a bit. :-)

KathyW1958
09-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Jen,
Yes this does help as I dislike Narcotics and try to avoid taking if if at all possible. The Tramadol does help out a lot.

Hugs,
Kathy