PDA

View Full Version : Beautifulbeluga says hello to all

beautifulbeluga
09-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi to everyone out there:

I know it has been a very long time since you have seen my name posted so I just wanted to say I am still around and kicking even if I have not been active. I have however been reading posts on occasion when time and my health has allowed.

Just a little catch up for those who are interested. Life has been a bit of a struggle for me in the past year. My health has not been the best and I have been hospitalized a couple of times for various problems. I have been fighting a Lupus flare these past few months in addition and it has really taken the wind out of my sails. I started back on a fairly high dose of prednisone recently and hope this gets me back on my feet and lowers my SED and CRP levels.

Nice to see many of the people I remember are still active on this site and a special hello to you Saysusie. Wishes for everyone out there old members and new to have the best fall and winter ever.............................

Glad to be back............................Beautifulbeluga

KathyW1958
09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi and welcome back to the site.

Hugs,
Kathy

mnjodette
09-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Beautifulbeluga....Hello! So good to see you posting. You may not know, but the site has been down for a bit. Many of us are 'catching up' now. I'm sure sorry to hear you've been poorly. Seems like there are so many who are struggling. My health has been up and down. No hospitalizations (knock on wood!) but our buddy Lupus has been kicking me in the 'patootie' from time to time. Still, I have many more good days than bad - thank the Lord! I hope you're able to fight off your flare and feel like your old self once again. Great to hear from you!

Jody

hatlady
09-16-2008, 07:03 AM
So glad to see you again beautifulbeluga!

I hope your flare passes and that you start feeling better -

beautifulbeluga
09-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks Gals for all the responses to my post:

It really is nice to be back and feel connected once again. Today, I am off to the gym and my water aerobic class which I started back to on Monday. I have not been able to participate for almost five months so the feel of the water was the most delicious feeling the other day. I know I will have to pace myself a little bit more than I did the other day because already I am suffering the consequences of overdoing. It is hard to slow down because that prednisone turns me into a "good year bunny" that just keeps going and going. I still haven't slept since I started, any suggestions?

Have a good day.........................Beautifulbeluga

Pretti in Pink
09-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Class sounds great, have fun but don't overdo it :<)

sits_inthe_corner
09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
:D Hello beautifulbeluga

Nice to meet you.

beautifulbeluga
09-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Oh, Oh:

More bad news yesterday. Have to have a Total "H" according to my W-GYN and has booked me on Nov 10th. Have been dx with Pre-"C" condition through all my previous tests and D & C. Drats, what next, hope I can get my Lupus flare under control before I go into surgery this time. This is absolutely the "last part of me" I am willing to let go of.

See, I mentioned that I was having a "tough year".......

Saysusie
09-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi Beautifulbeluga;
My, it has been a while and I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. And now, the total "H". I am truly sorry to hear about that and, having been there myself, I empathize with what you are feeling.
Do try to do all that you can to get your Lupus under control before the surgery, as it is a major surgery. We will all be here to support you prior to the surgery and afterward also!
Welcome home and you were missed!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

beautifulbeluga
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks Saysusie: for missing me and for your confirmation of support. You are just one of God's Chosen, which we all know but I just wanted to say anyway. I have thought of you often and I am glad to be back in print.

I know this is major surgery and I would be less than honest if I said I wasn't a bit concerned about having it done right now, but appears I have little choice and time is of the essence. Mostly I am concerned about my flare and my elevated CRP and SED levels and how being on prednisone prior to surgery increases the risk of infection. I am not sure if you remember with my past surgeries, (knee replacements) that I was concerned for the same reasons and I did have complications as a result. Hope this goes off without a hitch. The good thing is that I will have a confirmed prognosis on the "C" issue and not hopefully have to worry after.

Thanks again for your support...................Beautifulbeluga

Saysusie
09-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes, I do remember your other surgeries and that is why I mentioned trying to get your symptoms under control. But, as you said, time is of the essence and so you and your doctors will do the very best that you can to minimize any risks or potential problems. I am keeping you in my thoughts hoping that the surgery and the post-op goes well and, especially, that all issues regarding "C" will be put to rest! I know that it is difficult to keep your stress at low levels when having to deal with so many issues, but do try to do the best that you can. Remember, we are here whenever you need help!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
09-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Beautifulbeluga,

Thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers thru all that's going on continue to come and connect with us.