PDA

View Full Version : acidolpidos, IBS. digestive issues.

NoodleMom
08-26-2008, 11:03 PM
About a month ago a chiro that I went to see suggested acidolpidhos to help with the IBS. HubbyMan bought some. Taking that in addition to some yogurt that has fiber in it I have begun to have for the first time since last spring/early winter nicely formed stools. Maybe stopping or decreasing some meds can happen.

Kasey

Saysusie
08-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Noodlemom;
I'm glad to hear that the acidolpidhos is working for your IBS. I guess that it is true, we are all different in how our disease affects us. The acidolpidhos did absolutely nothing for me :(
I, too, eat yogurt with fiber every day and I take an additional source of fiber each day. This has helped me a bit.
Hope your current regimen continues to work for you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Gisèle
08-27-2008, 10:40 AM
I have had chronic problems with constipation. I have finally found something that helps. I take a colace every night. Also, extra fiber really does make a world of difference. There are Quaker oatmeal breakfast cookies and FiberOne bars, which I have found help a lot due to their good source of fiber.

NoodleMom
08-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Ugh, I meant to say early spring/late winter.

I do the same Saysusie. Yogurt with fiber, high fiber breakfast cereal (not that I eat breakfast all that often) and some kind of fiber powder that I sprinkle in my applesauce everyday. I sure hope this continues to work for me. The loose stools have been very difficult to handle sometimes.

Gisele, That sounds like a good regime. I am familiar with colace as two of my daughters were using it and b/4 all of the diarrhea (cant spell that correct to save my life tonite) :lol: I was dealing with constipation.It just practically changed overnite. :?

So heres hopin girls that I wont be hoppin up anytime soon for the mad dash. IYKWIM

Kasey

sits_inthe_corner
08-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I have IBS,

I'm not on medication for it. My old doctor who diagnosed the IBS told me just to get used to it. :shock:

Luck for me I seem to be able to cope through changes to my diet. There are times when it gets the better of me. But I take some immodium and sleep for a while...usually in a day or two I'm back to normal...ish :lol:

When the IBS first started up, it was constant. Now it's maybe two or three times a year.

I have activa yogart every night just before bed with my plaquenil, and raisin bran or cheerio's every morning (with my coffee) Nuts and raisins about mid morning, banana for lunch, apple and cheese for afternoon snackies and a normal supper and some frozen yogart for a treat.

Plus all the freaking suppliments lol.

I'm still trying to find nitricianist to talk to...gawd you'd think they were made of gold.

NoodleMom
09-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Probiotics and the yogurt have done wonders. I havent had a water stool since I started this except for last weekend when the flare got way out of control. Im doing much better now.

I hope you can find something that will help you.

Kasey

sick n tired
09-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I have IBS, too as well as Barretts Disease...SITS...You have a jerk for a doc...just get used to it????

I have heard of the acidophulous(sorry brain wont spell today)"cure" but like Saysusie...it didn't work for me, either...sigh...

Kasey I remember that you have been having problems for a while and it is nice that you are getting relief...from what I have read about acidopholuos( :) my spelling is awful) it is good for us...perhaps you were missing the good bacteria in your system

sits_inthe_corner
09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Voortman cookies :D

They have Omega 3 in them and flaxseeds, and they are darned tasty too!

Plus I have an apple a day...red of course ... my very favourite apple is a Gala...yummm.

Every day I pack a little container with raisins, dry cranberries and large walnut pieces, (I give hubby almonds cause he doesn't like walnuts...the silly man)

Walnuts help the sides of your veins to be elasticy. So bad things like clots don't bust your veins.

I also shovel beans into us several times a week. I have a lovely recipe for bbq lentils (speaking of spelling hahahaha) Any way, beans suck the cholesterol out of your blood. So light a match and eat up. They are high in fiber too so your bowel will thank you :)

NoodleMom
09-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks, I am doing better with regards to IBS. I am going regular now and boy does that and the fact that I am feeling better because of the steroid make things seem not so crummy. HubbyMan said that he thinks that the fact that I feel better and not dealing with all the pain, that my mood is better> IOW I am not as depressed. I do still get very tired out but maybe that will lesson also? Who knows?

K