PDA

View Full Version : left shoulder pain

jojo-at-the-bux
08-25-2008, 10:27 AM
for months my left shoulder has been in excruciating pain, some days more than others. It hurts to raise my arm, when i breathe in, if im laying down if im just sitting here. It feels like there something insde my chest under my armpit, like the side of my breast. Ive told the drs, and they find nothing wrong they say. My chest x rays r fine, im wating on and ultra sound of my heart and ekg still. a month and a half ive been waiting. I just want to feel a little better. Ive been getting dizzy, i cant sllep at night, i think im very depressed. I just wish the drs would help. Sorry to whine, but im at a loss, i spend all day crying i just dont know what to do.

laurid8967
08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Jojo -
Thats sounds horrible...I know its so frustrating to just want to feel normal...Are you on any medication? If not, maybe your doc can prescribe you something for the pain?
I hope you find some relief soon - there is no reason you should have to suffer pain when there are plenty of meds out ther that would help yoou.
Let us know how you make out...
Love Lauri

sits_inthe_corner
08-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Whine away jojo-at-the-bux

Cept I would hardly call that whiney...you need practice. A really good whine should be about three paragraph's long.

Besides it sounds to my like you have every right to be feeling the way you are.

I'm very tired of being told they "found" something and when I ask what do we do about it and get a big fat nothing we're just gonna watch it for a while.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr

So I understand completely.

Plus anything to do with chest pains is alarming in it's self.

I have arthritis in my rib cage, on the lift side, underneath the armpit and right above the heart.

When the pains first started...I paniced because I thought it was my heart.

No...it's arthritis...and they are just gonna watch it for a while.

As for being depressed...I hear ya on that one too. I don't know what to do about it. I told my doctor, she said it's probably hormonal due to my being menopausal...but again...nothing is being done. So there ya go.

Just be kind to yourself right now. Try to find a giggle where you can, and treat yourself the way you would treat someone else who's hurting and down.

Come in here and spew all the whine you want....we're here for ya.