PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Gisele!

Gisèle
08-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone!

Just finally checking in. :)

It's been quite a while, months actually. Sorry I haven't been participating really at all. I have been viewing threads regularly, though, but not posting.

I entered into a deep depression. It was tough. But just a couple weeks ago, the antidepresssants I am on kicked in, and I feel like me again. I don't know what I would have done without them.

I am back in school (senior year!!), and it is GREAT being back. Compared to this past year being on a homebound program (which, including getting sick, is why I became so depressed), it's nice to be somewhat "normal".

My rheumatologist signed a note to the school, and he had to write a diagnosis. He wrote SLE. I am still trying to fully accept that, it's just weird having him write that. Usually when I would ask him if I have a diagnosis, he would say it's a collagen disease or UCTD, but he would mention lupus quite a few times each appt., and he would write the code for SLE on my labs. It's still just really different to have that label.

Well, I will be logging in more often. It's great to have a support system here where everyone understands. :)

I hope you all are doing well!

sits_inthe_corner
08-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Glad you are back Gisèle

It's a weird line between having something to call this thing that is happening to us and wanting them to be wrong.

You are still you...no matter what they write on a piece of paper. You will deal with what life throws at you in your own way.

With each change in our lives we have to take some time to adjust.

Glad see you're posting, hope you had a good summer :)

Pearl
08-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Welcome back -

How exciting to be entering your senior year! I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Believe it or not, many of us have experienced episodes of depression as we deal with IT. You are not alone. Just remember that even though you have IT, IT does not have you. You are stronger than you know. Enjoy your year.

Jana

Saysusie
08-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Welcome back Gisele :lol:
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better, both emotionally and physically. I've always supported the premise that, with Lupus, we must treat the effects it has on our emotions just as vigorously as we treat the effects that it has on our bodies! I am happy to hear that your treatments are working for you and that you will be able to attend school this year - your senior year!
Sometimes, just having a name and a diagnosis for what is ailing is alleviates a lot of stress! Even when doctors are fairly sure that we have Lupus, they are still sometimes loathe to give us that diagnosis. But, apparently your doctor felt that a diagnosis was important in order for your school to understand your illness and its affects on you.
I'm so glad you are back and, as you can see, we are always here whenever you need us.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Glad to see you're back, Gisele. I hope your senior year is exciting (but only in good ways!) You'll learn to cope with SLE - we all find a path eventually. Stop back and let us know how you're doing.

Jody

Gisèle
08-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! It means a lot. :D