PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

cyngaytan
08-21-2008, 07:19 AM
:? Hi, my name is Cynthia, I have been dealing with multiple auto-immune ailments for the 7 years. I have something that is called Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, within this disease consists of (Lupus, Polymyositis, Scleroderma), then offset of theses I have Rhematoid Arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Reynaud's Phenomenon, Restless Leg Syndrome, Fibromyalgia pain, Hypothyroidism, and GERD.

This last years has been the hardest, losing muscle function, chronic muscle pain 24 hours a day, constantly exhausted, and severe depression right now that it gets harder and harder everyday. My family does not seems to think that I am sick when I'm sick. I fell so alone and feel like I have to explain to my family everyday that I am sick. I don't know why one minute I'm fine and the next I'm nauseated and feel like crap. Hope someone out there can relate, Please let me know. Thanks

KathyW1958
08-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi Cynthia,
Welcome to the forum. I don't have all of the illnesses that you have, but I sure do have some of them. I can understand how it feels when family members have a hard time understanding when we are sick. I think it is, because we don't always look sick. I call the autoimmune illnesses the invisible illnesses and it sucks big time. I know what it feels like to be nauseated and achy etc. It is strange that some times you can feel ok and then suddenly get ill. This is just the way that Lupus does you. I hate it and wish that they could find a cure for it. I just wnat to let you know that you are not alone and that there are a lot of us that have lupus and a lot of the other auto-immune disorders. There are a lot of nice folks that come here and post and they have a lot of good information. I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
Kathy

rob
08-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi Cynthia,

I have two autoimmune related disorders. Systemic Lupus, and Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. I certainly can relate to your problems with family, and with depression. I have fatigue that makes me feel like I am covered with a lead blanket. I too, have lost some muscle function.

You may feel like you are alone with your hurt, both physical, and emotional, but you are not. Most of the people here are dealing with many of the same problems you are having. Talking to people here has really helped me keep my morale, and spirits up, especially on the long painful days. I hope you find that here too. There are some awesome people on this site, and they are very, very supportive. So, I just want to say welcome.

Rob