PDA

View Full Version : bustis to sepsis

AnnMarie
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
hi all,

i just got out of 3 weeks in the hospital. my bursitis that i was complaining about turned into an infection and spread to my elbow joint and bone. i am typing w/one hand so excuse the lower case. honestly, it scared the daylights out of me and my doctors. they could not stop it. i am finally at home w/ a picc i.v. and daily visiting nurses. i dropped to 100 lbs and felt like i was never getting out. i had 4 surgeries w/in the 3 weeks. too much anesthesia and too much time in the hospital. my doctors are still watching like a hawk.

you never know....keep your eyes open if you get bursitis and don't let the docs poo-poo it. they had treated me w. strong antibiotics for 2 weeks prior to the hospital stay, and as a result made an infection that would not grow in a petri dish, only in my arm. it still has not been identified as staff, fungus or anything. i am on the strongest antibiotic they make, actually 2, one twice a day orally and the other twice a day through i.v. there is more, but i just wanted to share this scare because i know that many of you have had re-occurring bursitis,
and i do not want you to be put through the hellish ordeal i went through.

glad to be home and hear the dogs barking and the leaves blowing

best wishes to all
annm

Pearl
08-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Ann -

Glad to hear you are home. So sorry you have been suffering. Please take care.

Jana