PDA

View Full Version : sjogrens

dlavietes
08-19-2008, 02:47 AM
I have a question that I was hoping suzi might be able to help me with. my dr. ranm a auroantibody test and the normal is <100 and mine wa *451 positive. Do you think this is cause for concern? Iv'e been finding lumps under my skin now for months, (or maybe it's already been a year or so). They see that I am over weight and don't bother biopsy them. They say it's lypoma. The ones that really bother me are the ones that are idental in the position on my upper inner thighs. one on each side exactly the same. I also have them on my legs and a huge one on myhip. I read that one of the complications with sjogrens is lympthoma.it's really kind of scary. It's kind of funny that with all the diseases I have, and all the different symptoms that don't even surpise me anymore, but the big C scares me. Cancer seems to run rampid in my family. Everyone has had some kind of cancer in my family except me. I'm blessed with all the diseases and other problems that go with them, (did I say blessed or did I say cursed. :mad: I really appriate all your efforts and knolenge you help everyone with. if you know anything about the complecations of sjogrens, could you share with me. I better go my typing and spelling is getting prtty bad again.

I wish I could wave a magic wand, and cure everyone.

diana :?

cheryl_v
08-19-2008, 06:45 AM
I wish I could wave one too. Sorry you feel so bad. Hopefully someone will come along with helpful info. Hang in there sweetie.

NoodleMom
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Me too. Looking under every rock for it.

Im sorry you are dealing with this. It makes me angry that they wont do anything about the bumps. Have you requested a biopsy?
I have heard /read that the bumps are related to sjogrens. Wish there was more I knew.

Hope you get some answers soon.

Kasey

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Faith
08-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi Diana,

I would get on the phone with the doc and ask the nurse to get back with you. My hubby has lumps in his back but was told that they are fatty non-cancerous tumors. I found one on my right thigh and was told to not worry about it.

I am sorry I can't help you out. I hope Saysusie will come along and answer some of your questions.

Take care,

Faith

AnnMarie
08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
hi,
my doc says he is sure i have sjodrens, as well as symptoms of lupus and sclerderma . please excuse my spelling and typing, i am in a cast and highly medicated. the lumps that i get are in my lymph nodes. i get them in my neck under my arms, in the groin area and the back of my skull. some times the are the size of walnuts, sometimes a lot smaller, or almost gone. the one in my neck, especially near my collar bones are the ones that need to be watched. i have blood work every 3 month, unless i am in a bad flare, then it could be every week. so far i do not have cancer and i hope i never do. these lymph nodes are trying to battle toxins in my body which is not good at fighting infection, etc. right now i am host to a micro-organism that has destroyed a good portion of my elbow. all my lymph nodes are swollen in my body. i can not take prednisonne until the so called micro-organism is
ID'd and they can then destroyit. after that the doc will probably put me on something to take the swelling of the l-nodes down.

anyways, i hope to get baack in remission soon. there is a diagram on the internet that show you where all your lymph nodes are, maybe that would help you determine where and why you are getting lumps. i wish you well and stay on top of the situation. hand is tired..gotta go

ann