PDA

View Full Version : Hi Peeps

alwaysthebomb
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi Everyone! I was recently diagnosed with mild lupus. I am currently taking Plaquenil. I can't really tell if it is helping or not. I think it is. However, apparently lupus flares up so, I don't know if I'm not having a flare up or if my meds are working. I had a feeling that I had lupus before I was diagnosed by the Rheumatologist. I had a specked ANA pattern and my titer was 1:32. I didn't know much about lupus and was scared to death. After I was diagnosed with mild lupus, I got depressed. I had a lot of other things going on too. Then, I think due to my depression and my crankiness, my boyfriend left me. It seemed that everything was happening at once. But, I feel better now. I have started on antidepressants. I still have joint pain but, it doesn't seem as bad (at least at the moment). I have also accepted that I have lupus. I want to live my life. So, I do whatever needs to be done, even when I am in pain.

laurid8967
08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi Always -
Sorry to hear of your issues, as well as your Dx. THere are some good things here however. For one, the majority of lupus patients are very sick for a long time before being Dxd and treated. The fact that your doc took the right steps early, even though he thought it was early lupus, is actually a really good thing, and may save you YEARS of trouble down the line.
This is a wonderful site youve found. Everyone here is very compassionate, and have a lot of knowledge about this disease. Many. many people live to a normal life span, and many do not become seriously sick. There are some moderations that need to be made, but they are not that bad, and really things that we all should be doing anyways (like eating healthy, taking meds, plenty of rest, NO SUN, etc)
So, Im glad you found us, and hope to hear more from you soon!
Lauri

Pearl
08-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome to our little corner of the world. It takes a while for the Plaquenil to become effective, so be patient and give it time. It can take from 6 months to one year to see noticeable results.

It is certainly understandable that you would be depressed upon receiving the diagnosis. Just know that there are many here who lead very full, active lives. On the days we don't feel well, we can come here and find the support and encouragement we need to face the beast once more.

As Lauri said, you are lucky to have been diagnosed early...

Stick around, read through the posts, join in when you feel like it. We are happy you found us.

Jana

Saysusie
08-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Hello and Welcome Always :lol:
I am glad that you found us and decided to join our little family. Depression with Lupus is, unfortunately, quite common. The disease itself causes a chemical imbalance that can lead to depression. Then, the idea of having a chronic disease with so many symptoms is enough to cause depression. We've all been to that place during the course of our disease and have found that, with the help of medication, friends, family, and support groups (like this one), we find a way to crawl out of that dark hole.
There are a lot of caring, understanding, informative and supportive people here. I am sure that you will find what you need. You are never alone when you are here with us.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie