PDA

View Full Version : Kidney pains????

scottfamilytx
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I have SLE and last year I had bad kidney pains and was vomiting and went to ER, they said I had a bad kidney infection and they also found blood in my urine. Well now all of a sudden for about a month I have on and off pains in both of my kidneys but mainly my right side. No other symptoms, I have looked online on Lupus sites and they almost all say that Lupus Nephritis(when it affects your kidneys and I have not been told it is affecting my kidneys yet) that it does not cause pain. So why would I be getting these pains? Do any of you have kidney pains and blood in your urine?

laurid8967
08-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey Scott,
I do not have lupus nephritis, however, I think that any time you have any type of pain/problem with your kidneys, you should call your doctor right away.
Kidneys are not something we should EVER blow off or let go. Problems in this area that go untreated can cause MAJOR issues.
Please call your doc asap, and be sure to let us know how you make out, OK?
Good to have you here!
Lauri

scottfamilytx
08-07-2008, 11:17 AM
I have a dr appt next week and I will be sure to tell him, thanks for the info!

Lupe Scott

livingINmyDayDreams
08-08-2008, 04:31 AM
I have blood in my urine and occasionally I'll get kidney pains. Nothing bad, just like a dull pain maybe. It usually goes away pretty quickly. I don't know what it is and I've never asked (or told anyone about it). My doctor is slowly taking me off my meds so I figure its nothing. That doesn't mean yours isn't something. Mine doesn't bother me. It usually hurts for like five seconds and goes away. So I just figure I don't need to tell my doctor.

mngirl
09-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi! I just got diagnosed with lupus nephritis. I have stage 4 kidney disease right now and am on a chemo program and lots of drugs. It sucks! I never experience kidney pain, only after the kidney biopsy they gave me. What other signs do you have?