PDA

View Full Version : New member from texas

scottfamilytx
08-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Hello,

My name is Lupe and I live in Plano Tx(dallas area) I have been seeing Dr Alan Brodsky for 4 years and was just diagnosed with SLE. I am 31 years old married with 3 children and work full time and it is a struggle some days and some it is fine. I am glad to have found this site and can't wait to get posting! Take care and God Bless

KathyW1958
08-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Lupe,
Welcome to the forum. This is a really nice site with a lot of caring and knowledgeable folks that come in here. If you have any questions there is sure to be someone that can have the answer for you. I hope that you will keep posting and glad to meet you.

Hugs,
Kathy

scottfamilytx
08-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Kathy,

Thanks for the welcome! I am sorry to hear you have gone through so much. I am currently just taking Flexeril, Lodine, and Prednisone, and Toprol for my Mytral Valve Prolapse

laurid8967
08-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Lupe
Welcome to the site. You will find ver compassionate people here that have a wealth of reliable information. Im glad you got an officail diagnosis (not glad you have SLE..lol), and that you are being treated. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now...
How are you feeling? Are your symptoms under control? Hope you stick around...youll be glad you did..
Again, welcome!
Lauri

scottfamilytx
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks Lauri,
Yes I do have lots ot symptoms, i have body aches and sweeling in my ankles and feet quite a bit. I seem to almost always keep a low grade fever and I have been having trouble breathing and chest pains lately. I am still able to work by the grace of God but some days I do not know if I can continue. One day I can feel great and the next day I can be so fatigued that I can barely talk

Lupe

Saysusie
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi Lupe;
Welcome to our family. I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering so with your Lupus right now. Many of us can certainly understand the yo-yo experience with Lupus (feeling OK today but totally debilitated tomorrow).
I am glad that you found our site and that you decided to join our family. Everyone here is understanding, informative, caring and always willing to help!

Again.....Welcome
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie