PDA

View Full Version : new to this site

sheemee
08-05-2008, 07:17 AM
HI all,
I'm new to this site. I have had lupus for about 25 years, I have joint problems and have the butterfly rash am constantly lethargic every day. I have had numerous other lupus related problems since being diagnosed. I live in the U.K. it seems to me that people in the U.S. are more aware about lupus than they are over here, or am I mistaken?
I try to keep cheerful, I know that it is difficult sometimes but hey there's always someone worse off than you isn't there.
So hello evry1

KathyW1958
08-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi Sheemee,
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you are having problems. I have had lupus most of my life. I will be 50 in december. I am wondering what medications you are taking for your illness. I hope to hear more from you. This is a great site with a lot of wonderful people that are very knowledgeable that come in here.

Hugs,
Kathy

cheryl_v
08-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi Sheemee, welcome. You are going to love this place. Everyone here is absolutely wonderful. Kind, caring, and many ears for listening. Sharp minds for advice and info. You couldn't have found a better place :D .

sheemee
08-05-2008, 09:21 AM
thanks kathy & cheryl for your kind responses.
I am on prednisolone(steriods) the usual pain killers and I take mepacrine, I used to be on azathioprine but they swapped that.I am trying to take as little medication as is possible. I have had loads of different medications over the years some good and some not so good, I think sometimes it's more a case of trial and error. I keep cheerful though the use of steroids has caused me to have some spinal degeneration.
I like to keep as cheerful as possible so I don't tell my friends the whole story for fear of them thinking I'm a hypocondriac or something so it's so nice to talk to you guys as you understand completely.

cheryl_v
08-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Lots of us, probably most, have to deal with that. So talk all you want on whatever you want :) .