PDA

View Full Version : just found out

silbaugh
08-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I also posted this on the introduce myself thread...

Hi all,

I don't usually join these, but it was suggested as I live in a small community with no other Lupus supports systems in place. I was diagnosed with Lupus in June after years and years and years of weird illnesses. I didn't miss much work, but the joke was if anyone will get it, it will be Kim. My history includes many miscairages (sp), pnuemonia (many times), trouble breathing, joint pains, hypothyroidism, migraines, sun sensitivity, phlebitis of legs and lungs, face "acne", memory problems, pluerisy...boy what a thick file I must have! I am now being treated by a hemotologist who is really on the ball. I tested positive for the Lupus antibody. The diagnosis was actually found as they were looking for gentetic markers for phlebitis in my blood. It was an expensive test, but I am glad to have answers. Right now I am taking Imuran (tried methotrexate but not much help, anti-malarial drugs didn't help joint pain). I am really concerned about the side effects of these drugs. I would appreciate any information. I didn't mention, but I just turned 50 and work 2 full-time jobs - I teach at a public school (art) and at a university. My doctor has told me to stay as busy as I can as long as I get some rest time. Would love to hear others stories too. Thanks for letting me join.

Kim

Saysusie
08-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi Kim;
I responded to your post in New Members, but I will say "Welcome" once again! :lol:
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
10-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Kim...

With the new year, quarter in full swing wondering how you are holding up with your two teaching positions.

The site was down for a spell in August and flickered in September and some posts had got push so far back. I think yours may have...

Hope you are finding ways to keep well, rested in between your positions. Without rest, recharging ourselves we may create a huge flare.

How is the Imuran?

Happy Sunday, Kim...
Hugs,
Oluwa

KathyW1958
10-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi Kim,
Welcome to the board. My name is Kathy and I will be 50 in December. I have SLE Lupus and several other Auto-immunes as you will see by my signature. I am wondering how long you were on Plaquenil before they stopped it? You have to be on Plaquenil up to 5 months before you get the full affects of it. I am on Imuran as well as the Plaquenil and have been for 14 years. I hope that you are feeling ok and doing ok during the fall season. According to my Rheumatologist, I have had Lupus for most of my life, but did not get diagnosed until I was 36 years old. I too had a lot of illnesses before getting properly diagnosed. When I got the Chickenpox at the age of 35 is when the Lupus got very bad, indeed, and my health took a serious nose dive, big time. That led to me getting diagnosed. I guess before that happened to me the Lupus was very mild, but boy not so anymore. Well welcome to the board and please do keep posting.

Hugs,
Kathy