PDA

View Full Version : Prednisone Brings out the BEAR!!!

mb
08-01-2008, 03:40 PM
My doc put me on a 5-4-3-2-1, 15 day course and I am a BEAR! Just snipping at people at work and expecting them to see that I AM RIGHT to bite their heads off! Today, I took a flexiril to offset the pounding heart. I just want to be in remission for a while so I can get on with my life without taking so many, many pills! I am young enough to want to get out and DO but old enough to know better!!! But today and yesterday at work with these steroids, I was a bit touchy and punchy! The people there maybe don't have to understand ~ I just wish I could understand.

Oh -- and Reading your insight on all these topics is really helping me get a handle on what Lupus and RA are doing to me.

Thanks all! Maybe I am on the mend! :D

laurid8967
08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah...
I was VERY irritable at first (I am on 20mg daily) and literally lost it in an argument with my 17 year old daughter. I ended up throwing something (no at her, persay, but just to throw) and then again threw something outside that smashed....I was horrified later, and apologized up and down to my daughter...
I will say that the irritablility wears off after a bit. I am no longer irritable at all, nor do I suffer as much from the insomnia.
Hope it dies down for you soon!
Lauri

mb
08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
thanks Lauri ~ I will get through. At least I have a full weekend to just chill out...

Oluwa
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Now that you recognized the cause that is half the battle, the other half is either to control it or taking five and re-recognize it is the meds...

I find that helps me to keep the feelings of irritability, the annoyances, the combativeness of living with IT and the the medications it brings out of the conversations.

Times when I feel like that..I tell my husband..excuse me, I need to have a talk with Lupus. I dart, take a few deep breathes, brush my hair, put lotion on my hands..spritz a bit of cologne...sit in the bathroom reading a book...

Distractions, pleasant ones...

Love,
Oluwa