PDA

View Full Version : My Medical Alert card

Gerri54
08-01-2008, 05:07 AM
MEDICAL ALERT INFORMATION

Severe Auditory Processing Disorder, Severe Obstructive Sleep apnea, Narrowing Airway and Broncial Asthma, GERDS, IBS, Leaky Gut, NASH, Lung damage (scar tissue), Diabetic (Gastro-wants me on Insulin because of my allergies), Psoriasis, Hepatitis (A), Sjogren’s, Adrenal Glands cyst (1.38 cm), lesions on brain, Ultra-TSH (.3), Osteopenia, Arthritis(s) (Osteoarthritis (both shoulders, Bursitis (Hips), Fibroymyalgia, Rotator Cuff Tendinitis (both shoulders), Ankylosing Spondylitis (HLA B27+) back and ankles, Vitiligo (upper back left rib cage), some amount Alopecia back of head, Optical migraines, small amount Pericardial effusion, 3 cm cysts at sacrum from L1-L5, Hairline fracture on L5, spurs left ankle, plantar fasciitis, severe weakness in hands & legs (Being tested for Celiac, investigated for RA and Lupus)

ALLERGIC TO: All medications, foods, anything with sulfites as perservatives. Sulfur& Sulfates in them (Sulfa Drugs, sulfites (caused anaphylactic shock, sulfates, sulfur (cause breathing problems, swelling and rashes ) - Morphine, 292, Tylenol, quinidine, Tetracycline, Antihistamines, Demerol, Ibuprofen, Ramipril Clindamycin, Ex-law, Sucolax, Colase, Vitamin E, Penicillin 1st, 2nd, 3rd generation, Asprin, Niacin, Vitamin D.

Food Allergies
Sulfides found in Food, Egg yokes, Alcohol (any with sulfides) Garlic & Onions (natural sulfa) MSG, Curry, Sorbitol, Manitol, Corn, popcorn, and sugar

Special Diets
* Diabetic (soon to go on insulin) * High blood Pressure * High Cholesterol * Gluten free * Corn Free * Egg Free * Lactose free
* Allergic to sulfa, sulfites, sulfates, sulfur derivatives * Osteopenia * Nash (liver disease) *Sugar Free because of Leaky Gut

Everything Else
Shampoo, Sulphur Fumes, Catalytic converters, matches, Dust, Grass, Oak, Poison Ivy, Mold, Mildew, Cats, Cigarette Smoke, Perfume & Colognes, Enamel Paint, Bandage (glue), LATEX GLOVES

* Special note - Sun causes rash, which sends Sleep Apnea into overdrive - if I cover up really well sleep apnea within normal range

Gerri (This is me)

KathyW1958
08-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi Geri,
I answered your other posts. You sure have a lot of problems and a lot of them sound like me big time. I am allergic to sulfa drugs, Tetracyclic drugs, lactose intolerant, glutan intolerant and allergic to tetnus anti-toxin big time. I am lucky with the medications that I am on that I am doing ok with. I hope that they can find something that can help you out.

Hugs,
Kathy

Gerri54
08-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi Kathy, I answer your other post.

I am scared, because like I said NO DOCTOR will give me medication, because of my severe allergies.

So I am hoping to see how others deal with Lupus, I guess naturally.

Hugs

Gerri

KathyW1958
08-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi Geri,
I think that if you have to deal with the Lupus on a natural basis, that the biggest thing is to get out of stress and fast. Stress is the worst thing for Lupus as that will trigger a flare even if you are on medication. You should also avoid the sun and flourescent lighting as much as possible as these will also trigger a flare. I have to do this even though I am taking medications. If you have to go out in the sun use the highest SPF sunscreen that you can find and wear long sleeved shirts, long pants and a hat and use sunglasses that offer protection against UV rays. I also use a sunscreen lip gloss on my lips. Make sure you get plenty of rest and things like that. I hope that this helps.

Hugs,
Kathy

Gerri54
08-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Kathy, thank you so much for your valuable information. I tried an UV sun screan it was only a 35, and my rash could be seen a mile away (exagerating a bit), but it was quite obvious.

Didn't know about lip gloss. I don't trust the weather man. It seems they are often wrong. My son Jason, he say mom it's suppose to rain today. So I go out without my jacket, just to walk from car into store, and out comes the sun, and the rash.

I am so working on the stress. But stress seems to follow me like glue.
I am seeing a counsellor at the Canadian Hearing Society in Kitchener in hopes that this will help.

Hugs

Gerri

KathyW1958
08-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi Geri,
A lot of folks make the mistake of thinking that if the sun is not out that they do not have to use sunscreen and that is wrong. You see even if the sun is not directly out, there is still the UV rays and that can mess you up quick if you are not protected. I use a sunscreen 45 to 50 at all times, rain or shine. They sell the lip balms that are a sun screen protection for the lips. I get them from the drug store. I hope that this helps in understanding the UVa and UVb rays of the sun. Man Lupus sucks big time.

Hugs,
Kathy

Gerri54
08-04-2008, 04:50 AM
Hi Kathy,

I tried to get some lip balm, and most have vitamin E in them which I am allergic to. So I will keep looking. I will go to my regular Pharmacy after the holiday, and look there, they seem to have more stuff there.

Brain Fog worsening so is my Severe auditory Processing Disorder. Keep calling my step-son by another name. He is here visiting - maybe by time to go home he will be glad - to leave. :)

Whole stomach sore - the soreness seems to moving around in my bowels.

Hugs

Gerri