PDA

View Full Version : trying to get pregnant

babykrisyann
07-31-2008, 10:27 AM
i was wondering if lupus could cause a women who has two children ages 10 and 12 not be able to get pregnant?i still have not had a diagnosis of lupus yet i'm in the middle,but my periods are always regular and normal and i think i ovulate normal every month on time but for 8 months have not been able to get pregnant.could it be the possible lupus?

Oluwa
07-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi BabyKrisy...

From my reads regarding Lupus and infertility has been that women have normal fertility and can conceive a child within a year of trying to become pregnant.

However, some of the drugs used to treat lupus (such as cyclophosphamide, brand name Cytoxan) can reduce fertility...also high doses of prednisone can stop menstrual periods, but you can still get pregnant when taking the drug.

It is suggested to wait till in remission to become pregnant. And during pregnancy it may trigger a flare and should be considered high risk for that reason...there is a welath of info on the internet. Try lupus.org or mayoclinic.com are great research sites for Lupus..check it..

I had read about 25 - 30% of women can have amenorrhoea, no menses but for the love of me, I can not recall where. It was a difficult find as I researched since I have no menses either. I was diagnosed as having amenorrhoea, but just recently I was told it is post menopause..ugh. No eggs, no children. I have none..

Keep well..
Hugs,
Oluwa