PDA

View Full Version : MY MAYBE LUPUS OR MAYBE NOT LUPUS STORY

babykrisyann
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
HELLO,MY NAME IS KRISTEN AND I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE LUPUS. I HAVE HAD A POS ANA FOR THE SECOND TIME. A POS, ANTI (DS)DNA, JOINT PAIN IN MY KNEES AND LEFT WRIST,AND HAIR LOSS. I HAVE TO HAVE BLOODWORK DONE AGAIN THIS MONTH AND AGAIN IN ANOTHER THREE MONTHS. AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY SECOND CHILD I NOTICED MY HAIR FALLING OUT,AND FEVERS. THAT WAS TEN YEARS AGO AND ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO WHEN I STARTED FEELING TIRED AND GAINING WEIGHT. I WENT TO THE DOC. AND ASKED TO BE TESTED FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. WHITE BLOOD CELL CAME BACK LOW AND ANA POS. I THEN WENT TO A REUMY AND HE SAID I JUST NEEDED EXERCISE. FOUR YEARS LATER I NOTICED JOINT PAIN IN MY KNEES AND LEFT WRIST WENT BACK TO RUEMY HE ORDERED BLDS. I NEVER WENT FOR THE BLOODWORK. THEN A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO I HAD GOTTEN SICK WITH A FEVER AND RASH FOR ALMOST A WEEK,WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND THEY TOOK BLDS. AND I HAD A POS ANA,PLATELETS WERE A LOW 80 THEY THEN TESTED ME FOR MONO,ALL THE HEPS,AND SENT ME TO A REUMY WHO ORDERED MORE BLDS. THATS WHEN THA ANTI(DS)DNA CAME BACK POS. BUT THE DOC. SAID I CAN'T TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE LUPUS,BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU THAT YOU DON'T SO NOW I HAVE TO BE TESTED EVERY THREE MONTHS.............THAT'S MY STORY

Oluwa
07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi BabyKrisy...

We met on another thread you had started regarding anti-ds ana...again welcoming you with warm hugs..

You never have to apologize for any posts, venting, upset, long or the like..

It is frustrating trying to get a diagnose, feeling like you are not believed..we understand. Many here still have not been "diagnosed"..the big D word. But they, most are receiving medical care, medication for their symptoms...are you?

Read about, chat up...use the search tool at the top of the window with key words and you may find the answer there from others to you questions..

Welcome...hugs.
Keep looking for your wellness,
Oluwa