PDA

View Full Version : Curly Hair

flyaway
07-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Is there any medicine will make the hair from straight to become curly?

Recently I lost a lot of hair but for the newly grow hair become so curly? I wonder how come so curly? Is this because of the medicine? Because last time my original hair was straight.

Saysusie
07-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Flyaway;
When I lost my hair, due to Lupus, the original hair was very thick and somewhat curly. However, the new regrowth of hair is now baby fine and extremely curly. Quite often, when we do re-grow our hair, it is not the same grade of hair that we started out with. No one knows why, may be due to the chemical changes in our body due to our disease and some of our medications....who knows. But, you are not alone!
We are advised not to put any type of chemicals on our hair for at least a couple of years after re-growth. Your hair, right now, is still rather fragile and needs to be taken care of. So, you may have to re-learn your hair and how to deal with it....I know I had to :?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

flyaway
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks Saysusie. We all learn together along the way... :) No one here is alone. We are all here in cyber family :D

purplepinkgirl
09-22-2008, 08:17 AM
I am 22 yrs old and was diagnosed march 6th. My hair was really thick but it thinned evenly at least 50%. my new hair that has grown in is very wavy and curly. I am an african american and i get perms about 3X a year. my hair is still very long but just thinner. I am learning it justa as alot of other things. Its a blessing in disguise.

The lord is smiling on us all, we are here for a purpose, he has marked us as his faith angels.He has a purpose, just trust him. :)