PDA

View Full Version : the skakes

Winerz
07-28-2008, 01:58 PM
I have, a question. Imay be newely diagnoised with lupus, i will know for sure in a week. My question is- i havy really bad "Tremmers" in my hands and legs. The severity comes and goes. I have not read that this is a sympotom of Lupus. Does anyone have this? thanks

Saysusie
07-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Hi Winerz;
Are you taking Prednisone? Hand tremors are one of the side effects of Prednisone. Also, Lupus often causes dysfunction of the thyroid and there are some thyroid issues that can cause hand tremors such as: autoimmune thyroid disease, hyperthyroidism, other thyroid diseases. Also Monomelic Amyotrophy can cause hand tremors.
Also, tremors may be an indication that Lupus has affected your central nervous system and this can be very serious!

Whatever the cause, it is important that you bring this to the attention of your doctor as soon as possible. Please let us know what your doctor says and how you are doing.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

livingINmyDayDreams
08-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Yes I have this problem too. My hands shake all the time. It's only shown up since I was diagnosed with lupus. My doctor used to tell me it was because of my Prednisone and it would go away. But after I was taken off Prednisone it still didn't go away. My hands always shake and when I asked my doctor he told me it wasn't a symptom of lupus but it's odd that it showed up when I was diagnosed. So yeah...that's all I know. But I do have the same problem. Some times it gets so bad while I'm writing that I just have to drop my pencil or it's impossible to write. My doctor said it could just be tremors that run in my family or something. Does anyone else in your family have tremors?

cherie
09-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi yes i suffer from this !
Mine comes and goes most weeks i have lite shakeing but yesterday and today from the elbow to the hand my shakeing is really quite bad then i get wrist ache from the shakeing.
As silly as it sounds i find gripping something quiet helpfull to try and calm it down.

Kmmartz
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi Winerz,
do you mean hand shakes or do you mean big movements?? I have whole body tremors where my hips shake like I am doing a hula hoop - but I don't have a hoop (nor could I do one if I did have a hoop) :lol:

jaideni
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
I get whole body tremors but I am not on any steroids. It was really bad yesterday. I was starting to think that i am crazy