PDA

View Full Version : pleurisy

Wendi
07-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi,
Has anyone had pleurisy last for weeks on end? I have never had it last for more than five at the most, and my lupus flare has never been this out of control, it think it is because of the work related stress. They decided that I disabled due to my restrictions, and that has put my family at risk for loosing our home etc, anyway, I just wanted to know about the
first question above, if anyone has any advice.
Thank you,
Wendi :

Saysusie
07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Pleurisy is common in lupus and is most often treated with corticosteroids (such as Prednisone). You are absolutely correct that stress can make the symptoms worse and can make them last longer. You should not be in such pain for such a long period of time, an excess amount of fluid can accumulate in the pleural space. This is called a pleural effusion and occurs less often than pleurisy and is a more serious condition than pleurisy. I would suggest that you contact your doctor to start treatment before your condition evolves into something more serious.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rere7896
07-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi there,
I have actually had pleruisy for a couple of months -- depending on what antibiotic he puts me on. Some clear it up in a week or so but some don't. YES STRESS is part of it..........